Unified Installer 1.2 approaches

Started by _AH_Boosher, July 16, 2009, 04:08:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Boosher

Hello everyone!

Unified installer 1.2 approaches. The deadline for inclusion in the pack is July 24th. Submissions made after this time will not be included until UI 1.3. So if you do have any mods you wish to be included, make sure you let Monguse know.

So far it's a big one. Compressed 1.2 is supposed to be roughly 800 Mb, uncompressed = over 4 Gb. But for that space we get some wonderful new aircraft, including the B-25D strafers, F4U-1, final version of the Miles Magister trainer, Sea Hurricane, Sea Gladiator, the final version of the PZL P.24 and variants, Ta-152-C-0 and C-1, and others. If they are completed, we may even get two new versions of the P-51D, the D-25 and D-30, which will carry more armaments (including HVARs, IIRC).

Minimum requirements are said to be a virgin install of 1.1.

This is just something to consider. After compilation 1.2 must undergo thorough testing and may not be ready for a month at least. Here is the link to the in-progress page on the AAA forums.

_AH_Moby

If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

_AH_Twisted

1.2 over a clean 1.1 ? That means unless you have a full back up of a clean 1.1 you're talking about an uninstall then reinstall the game and 1.1 again.
Humm I don't seen that being very viable.

_AH_Boosher

It says clean 1.1 minimum. According to that, it should work over a 1.1 install or even a 1.1.1 install with extra mods plugged in. Overlapping mods will be overwritten with the latest versions.

_AH_Twisted

Ah ok Boosher thanks for the clarification  (glasses)

~S~

_AH_taldrg

~S~ I am slowly dieing of the dreded mod fungus. I see no light at the end of the tunnel. Say,"Good night Alice". Good night Alice.
I love my country..It's the government I'm afraid of.

_AH_BBQhead

S~.   Don't panic.. There are No Plans to Download  yet another  UI version.   

Several of our members had enough trouble downloading the 1.1.. corrupt download, try again messages.. I don't want any of our members subjected  to  that again.

i will not install this.. no way no how.. no..  never.. ever.. 

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

_AH_Twisted

Quote from: _AH_BBQhead on July 16, 2009, 10:12:29 PM
S~.   Don't panic.. There are No Plans to Download  yet another  UI version.   

i will not install this.. no way no how.. no..  never.. ever.. 

:drinking-43:

_AH_Nimble

Oooooooh my goodness....remember the movie the Blob???? THE MOD BLOB ATTACKS  the sequile to the movie we just saw..... the blob eats.... get bigger... eats more soon it will digest our entire squad!!   yes some additions sound pretty good... but this keeping up with the mods doesnt seem to rest much..... I have to aggree with TD and BBQ.... give it a rest for a bit....change is a normal thing ... and if we need to we can adjust ..... later gator....ok?????now everyone will want my six.. :surprised-027:

_AH_Olds

"My choice early in life was either to be a piano-player in a whorehouse or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference". - Harry S. Truman

_AH_Gator

S! Guys  Boosher i have to go with BBQ and Nimble say let it rest and let fly :give-me-beer-0034:

_AH_Boosher

Fair enough  :happy-112:, I'll be going on with it when I can. It's just the same as d/l-ing a bunch of mods at once. If anyone wants to update at any time in the future and needs help, I'd be glad to assist.

_AH_BBQhead

S~..

Much easier for us to add just what we will use one at a time.   

One of my concerns is that the 1.2  will include revised maps of some of the maps we already have.. wouldn't want to see planes spawning on top of each other or elevated, etc.     

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to

_AH_Johnny

Hi Boosh...

Thanks for the update on new developments of the game that we all are so involved with. I look forward to any news you wish to share.

S~
...if it's just for fun, why do they keep points?

_AH_BBQhead

S~. I agree with Johnny, news of what's happening is always appreciated.

When posting news of new mods, please  be sure to make it very clear that it's just an FYI and not something that we're  all necessarily going to be installing.