X52

Started by _AH_Col._Hogan, August 17, 2009, 11:09:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Col._Hogan

I wanted to use an X52 throtle as a stand alone, so I installed the drivers and tested it and all was good.

However it cancelled out my Cyborg EVO joystick

Anyone heard of a work around for this

And yes, Im left handed

S!

_AH_Duff4r

Canceled out?

Whats windows seeing? Both or just the X-52?

What can happen is the throttle jumps into the #1 slot and leaves the JS in the #2 slot which is then not recognized by the game.

Can IL-2 see it?  Try to reassign the JS axis.  You know the click on the axis and move the JS.  IL-2 may see it as ID2 yadayada.  It may just be as easy as assigning everything.  Probably is.

More info Please,
Duff

_AH_Col._Hogan

Thanks Duff!

Windows sees the JS as #2 on the list of controllers. I didn't do any key new key commands in IL2 for the JS, but I did recalibrate it.

Unpluged the throtle and the stick works fine.

Do I just need to put the JS in the #1 slot?

S!

_AH_Stiffy

i use the x52 throdle....well thats not totally true, i use the buttons on the joystick part too. but for a joystick i use my sidewinder force feedback. i did what duff suggested. just go into il2 controls and set the hotas for the joystick, you can even do the same for any of the buttons on that joystick.

the reason i still use the x52 joystick part is the buttons on the base, the mode switch, and i kept my bailout command on the button under the flip up shield. no more accidental bailouts

hope that helped and didnt confuse the issue more

_AH_Duff4r

Quote from: _AH_Col._Hogan on August 18, 2009, 03:48:27 PM
Thanks Duff!

Windows sees the JS as #2 on the list of controllers. I didn't do any key new key commands in IL2 for the JS, but I did recalibrate it.

Unpluged the throtle and the stick works fine.

Do I just need to put the JS in the #1 slot?

S!

Sadly it really doesn't work that way!!  I would let your JS be #2 and reassign the axis in IL-2 as required.  It's no big deal and will work just fine.  To swap them is a really...........big deal and a major PIA.

If you're worried about losing your settings, then go to (Your Main folder\Users\doe or your created folder) then copy the settings.ini file.  Make your axis changes in game and you should be good-to-go.  If something happens, replace the settings.ini with the copy you saved renaming it to settings.ini

Let me know S~
Duff

_AH_Col._Hogan

That did it!

Thanks a ton Duff4r

S!

_AH_taldrg

~S~  Ain't that Duff4r a real piece of work. WTG Duff.
I love my country..It's the government I'm afraid of.

_AH_Duff4r

My extreme pleasure sir!

Thanks TD you're too kind.

S~
Duff