Some Recent and Not so Recent Skins

Started by _AH_Gonzo, June 12, 2007, 07:06:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Gonzo

"I wish I was who I was when I wanted to be what I am today" - Jimi Hendrix

_AH_DarkWolf

Here's kind of an odd one, a bare metal spitfire of 601 Squadron in the MTO.

This is one of the new Mk.XVIes from UP 3.0. Basically a Mk.IX with a Packard Merlin. In this case a bubble-topped verision of 421 Squadron.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_DarkWolf

Here's a USAAF Mk.IX in marking of the 309th FS, 31st FG.

And another UP 3.0 bird, a Mustang Mk.I of No.414 squadron.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Nimble

_AH_DarkWolf

I combined a bunch of stuff from another P-39 template with the one that I had and reworked it a bunch.

Here's a P-400 in 67th FS markings from Guadalcanal in '42.

A P-39 from New Guinea

A couple of North African P-39s

A ruskie one

Last but not least an RAF one of 601 squadron

DW

_AH_Gonzo

Great looking skins as always DW!! I especially like the New Guinea and North African schemes.

_AH_Col._Hogan

_AH_Nimble

well done DW!!  are theyin our skin locker??? I likes em

_AH_DarkWolf

Another earlier scheme from New Guinea.

DW

_AH_Col._Hogan

_AH_Johnny

WoW Dw

...you sure have a talent for skinning

S`
...if it's just for fun, why do they keep points?

_AH_Gonzo

:i-m-with-stupid-0101:

DW, and chance of maybe getting a plain version of the "A P-39 from New Guinea" and the North African P-39 with the Operation Torch markings but with the shark mouth, the respective ID Letter changed to a "G" and no nose art? I'll add the nose art myself.

If it's too much of a hassle, totally blank skins of those schemes would be fine too.

Thanks!

PS: I love the way you manage to get the number 29 into your personal skins in one way or another!

_AH_DarkWolf

It's no hassle at all but I'm not 100% on what you want.

You want the mouth noseart from the 67th FS a/c on both the New Guinea and Desert ones?

And you want G on the New Guinea one and Q-G on the desert?

Do you want me to leave the OD rectangle on the tail of the New Guinea a/c and you can put in a serial # or make it all white?

DW

_AH_Gonzo

Lol, yeah reading my request is complicated....

I'd like this shark mouth

On the following paint schemes with the following markings mods...

With the "D" replaced by "G" and the "29" replaced by "13". No other markings except the roundels and the aircraft serial number box on the tail left blank. I'll add the tail number and nose art later.

And this scheme

with the "Q" replaced with "G", yellow spinner, no nose art, and no tail number. I'll add that stuff in myself.

Hope that makes it a bit clearer. Again, if it's too much of hassle, blanks of those schemes would be just as great.

Thanks DarkWolf.

_AH_DarkWolf

Behold the ultimate power in the universe, the Sea Gladiator! ( I could use some more meds btw, Arch) Painted like one from HMS Eagle early in the war.

And a Gladiator Mk.II of No. 615 squadron in France in the spring of '40. I'm sure that went well, right? Kinda wierd scheme, like they could'nt decide on one. 2 shades of green, 2 shades of brown...

DW