Some Recent and Not so Recent Skins

Started by _AH_Gonzo, June 12, 2007, 07:06:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Autorotate

_AH_Nimble

I want one candy apple red pls :drinking-29:

_AH_DarkWolf

Here's a late war 56th FG scheme that the 61st FS used on their P-47Ms.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Nimble

Gee... I wish i knew how to skin...... nice DW... u do good work :happy-112:

HA_50

:banned:  Here DW catch this.!

sure wish i could skin.... :lol-034:

_AH_DarkWolf

Here's a couple of early P-51s of the 4th FG.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_DarkWolf

I found a couple of templates for the new Typhoon 3D model that is in HSFX. Neither were super great, so I kinda mashed layers from both together as well as some bits and peices from other templates.

No. 143 Wing of 2nd Tactical Air Force was made up of three RCAF squadrons, 438, 439 and 440.

This one I did in some 440 squadron markings.

This one is from 439 squadron with later war insignia.

This new Typhoon model is really nice, a vast improvement from the frankenplane we had. Could still use some texture mapping fixes and a really ace template but nice nonetheless.

DW

_AH_Gonzo

Like!!

I'll be hitting you for a version of that skin if I ever manage to get HSFX installed.

"I wish I was who I was when I wanted to be what I am today" - Jimi Hendrix

_AH_DarkWolf

Can do Gonzo.

Here is a scheme for the earlier Typhoon. Unfortunately the canopy frame is not paintable aft of the front section.  :unhappy-059: One of the little texture issues they will hopefully tweak. This one is in 438 squadron markings.

Before I found this picture I had no idea Aces High existed in WWII!

DW

_AH_Nimble

good lord....look at the size of those cannons would ya???....whew... no wonder the guns are so good

_AH_DarkWolf

Well the 20mm barrels have big shrouds around them, I think for aerodynamics.

Here's an early car door typhoon with 609 squadron markings.

Early typhoons sported these ID stripes on the underside.

And last but not least a rather colorful bird in 198 squadron markings.

DW

_AH_Nimble

in the photograph below.... I dont think Id want to be around that fella with the hammer.....   .....    .... :bomb-034:  ,,,,,,,,, er... ahh .... ya dont think thats archie do ya???????   by the way,,, great skins sir!!

Aviar

Quote from: _AH_DarkWolf on November 18, 2012, 12:03:03 AM
I found a couple of templates for the new Typhoon 3D model that is in HSFX. Neither were super great, so I kinda mashed layers from both together as well as some bits and peices from other templates.

I really want to make some skins for my new Typhoon missions but I could not find a single template. Do you think you could post the links to the ones you found? Thanks in advance.

Aviar
Intel i7-4790 4-Core @3.60GHz
Asus Z97-C Motherboard
16GB DDR-3 1600 SDRAM @800 MHz
NVIDIA GTX 760 - 2GB
Creative SB ZX SBX
Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
27" AOC LED - 2752
Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard
CH FighterStick-Pro Throttle-Pro Pedals
Logitech G13 Gameboard
GoFlight GF-T8 Module
WIN 8.1

_AH_Autorotate

i get all my templates from this guy, he hasn't made every plane... but he has them set up in PSD format for rivets, weathering, panel lines, markings, colors, exhaust... you name it.
http://www.asisbiz.com/il2/IL2-Patches-Fixes/IL2-Patches-Fixes.html

Aviar

Quote from: _AH_Autorotate on February 08, 2013, 03:49:32 AM
i get all my templates from this guy, he hasn't made every plane... but he has them set up in PSD format for rivets, weathering, panel lines, markings, colors, exhaust... you name it.
http://www.asisbiz.com/il2/IL2-Patches-Fixes/IL2-Patches-Fixes.html

That's a cool site but I don't see any Typhoon template there. Also, it says the last time the webpage was updated was October 2010, so the Typhoon probably wouldn't be in there anyway. Do you have any other site that may have a Typhoon template? I've looked everywhere but just can't find one.

Aviar
Intel i7-4790 4-Core @3.60GHz
Asus Z97-C Motherboard
16GB DDR-3 1600 SDRAM @800 MHz
NVIDIA GTX 760 - 2GB
Creative SB ZX SBX
Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
27" AOC LED - 2752
Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard
CH FighterStick-Pro Throttle-Pro Pedals
Logitech G13 Gameboard
GoFlight GF-T8 Module