Some Recent and Not so Recent Skins

Started by _AH_Gonzo, June 12, 2007, 07:06:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimDandy

Imagine that, green.  :thinking-008:

_AH_DarkWolf

It's not overall olive drab and it has british markings which makes it not wierd. Unlike some other skins I've seen...  (kooky)

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

VBF-12_Gosling

Hey TD - Is that you in the Formation Phot?  I know its you holding the Frames Picture...

Gos

Quote from: _AH_taldrg on July 06, 2013, 05:13:54 PM
~S~

Ol' #29

_AH_taldrg

~S~ Gos.
   Well that is me with Lt. Commander McWolton(sp)who was the first F6F Ace in the Pacific. He also made 80 successful CV traps without any damage. As for the airial pic. there is a  l o n g   story befind that and the one with Mac at Pensecola Fl. Too long to post here.
I love my country..It's the government I'm afraid of.

_AH_DarkWolf

That 29 corsair is Ike Kepford's of VF-17.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_taldrg

~S~
   Correct and now you know the rest of the story.

TD

_AH_Lippy

TD always wondered this what are those white line right in front of the canopy I figure they mark something. Thanks :give-me-beer-0034:

_AH_DarkWolf

It's white tape sealing the panels around the fuel tank to limit fumes comming out.

DW

VBF-12_Gosling

I think they used the aluminium battle tape.  Its like sellotape made of alluminium.  We still use it today in battle damage repairs.  but it was to reduce fumes (and oil I think) escaping around that area. 
Gos

_AH_gatlingun

~S~

I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer but some F4U,s did have a fuel tank in front of the cockpit. That was the reason for the cockpit being moved back about 30 something inchs.
_AH_Gatlingun

_AH_taldrg

~S~
  One of the finest men I ever had the pleaser to meet.
"Hamilton "Mac" McWhorter was 7 years old when a barnstorming pilot visited his hometown and he took his first ride in an airplane.
From that moment, he knew he never wanted to do anything else.
The future Navy commander was a naval aviation cadet undergoing training when Pearl Harbor was attacked. Within a couple of years he had become the first American pilot to achieve "Ace" status flying a new airplane, the Hellcat."

CDR McWhorter's memoir is entitled "The First Hellcat Ace"
His son Jon has put up a blog with the same name in his honor.
He flew missions off of the USS Essex.

CDR McWhorter passed away April 12,2008 at his home in El Cajon. He was 81. A memorial service was held Sunday the 4th at First United Methodist Church of El Cajon. His ashes were interred yesterday, May 5 at Fort Rosecrans National Cemetery.

Salute Mc
   TD

_AH_Lippy

_AH_Col._Hogan

_AH_DarkWolf

Doing what I can Hogan, starting with 3 tone a/c. This is a TBF-1C template and I'll have to copy all the changes over to the TBM one since it's a little different.

DW

_AH_Col._Hogan

Nice, I like it.

Do you have a copy of our new Aces High logo for the right side?

S!