Some Recent and Not so Recent Skins

Started by _AH_Gonzo, June 12, 2007, 07:06:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_DarkWolf

I'm sure I could take it from your sig.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Autorotate

_AH_DarkWolf

Or I could do that, danke Herr Autohausen.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Autorotate

when it gets scrunched down on the skin you can't see the pretty ladies and it basically turns back into the old one anyway.
sure looks nice on my 2048x2048 skins though!

_AH_DarkWolf

Damn TBM-3, it's got an annoying bug with the cowl flaps.

While closed they appear in the proper position

But if you open them, the starboard ones don't move and the port ones actually swing INTO the fuselage and disapear.

The Avenger Mk.III which is basically a british TBM-3 seems to work properly.

Grr.

DW

_AH_Autorotate

i noticed that too with the TBM-3, all the other versions look good because they just have lower and upper ports that open, like that -C we've been flying.

the cowl opens as 8 different pieces too so you have these stupid panels you have to match up to the 2-tone instead of just having them as a section on the fuselage as with most other planes...
with my scheme it's quite tough so i didn't bother, they only glitch on the TBM-3.

_AH_DarkWolf

The cowl flap disposition is comme ca :

You could probobly use a RONNCO TBM-3 skin and lay it on top of yours to figure exactly where the cowl flaps would be on the fuselage, then cut and paste those sections to the little cowl flap squares.

DW

_AH_Autorotate

i'm using an old TBF-1 ROCCO template, he has got all of the cowl flaps painted the underbelly white...
but this skin i guess was made for the earlier version without the fully opening cowl flaps.
it would take a while to get that wavy line in the 2 tone to match up right, maybe i'll fiddle with it on another day.

_AH_Col._Hogan

_AH_DarkWolf

Hogan is getting rainbows on all future skins.

DW

_AH_Lippy

_AH_DarkWolf

_AH_Col._Hogan

_AH_Lippy

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :give-me-beer-0034:

_AH_DarkWolf

Here's yet another british hellcat, this one in markings of 800 Squadron from the CVE HMS Emperor.

DW