Some Recent and Not so Recent Skins

Started by _AH_Gonzo, June 12, 2007, 07:06:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_DarkWolf

Oh, I'm working on Hogan and Lippy's as well.

:surprised-027:

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Gator

well I fly that then the pink airplane to qual, I need some moonshine lol :drinking-29:

_AH_Lippy

Actualy you could put on the nose for mine "Rainbow Warrior  :lol  Hey DW I was considering changing my Little Miss to Loud & Proud this would fit my callsign more.   :give-me-beer-0034:

_AH_Autorotate

this skin thread is turning into a fancy parade.... :surprised-027:

_AH_DarkWolf

Here's a couple of P-47 skins I made recently in markings of the 65th FS, 57th FG operating in the MTO.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_z5o

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.

_AH_Col._Hogan

Love how ur lookin up at the camera ship.

S!

_AH_DarkWolf

Getting there...

Tighten up that formation, Gatlin!

DW

_AH_gatlingun

Looking very good DarkWolf,can't get much tighter,you would have a wingtip in the cockpit with you!!!!
_AH_Gatlingun

_AH_DarkWolf

I applied the improvements I made with the AVG template to my other tomahawks.

This one is in No. 250 Squadron markings

And this is a No. 112 Squadron bird, it was pictures of this squadron's aircraft that inspired the AVG shark mouths.

DW

_AH_DarkWolf

Looks like at some point during the latter part of the Flying Tigers campaign we will start using Kittyhawks/P-40Es. So I started looking into what those kites looked like, oddly enough it's quite hard to find information on them. They appear to have been a little more bland than the Tomahawks in that they lacked the squadron mascot artwork. 

Seems a small number of the P-40Es they got were in olive drab over neutral grey too.

So I'll put together a pack of P-40Es with the same numbers and squadron bands for the guys with Tomahawk skins in the future.

DW

JimDandy

I have 4 to 5 P40E skins you made for me already DW for some earlier campaigns. Save you some art work if those can be used.

_AH_DarkWolf

You've got a Checkertail one and a New Guinea one, wrong theatres.

DW

_AH_gatlingun

~S~

I believe the flying tigers actually disbanded just as they received the P40E and most of the pilots where assimilated back into the army air force. They did continue to fly as flying tigers though. I could be wrong,would need to go back and do some reading.
_AH_Gatlingun

_AH_DarkWolf

That's what I had thought, but Daniel Ford's book indicates they flew quite a few missions with them.

DW