Some Recent and Not so Recent Skins

Started by _AH_Gonzo, June 12, 2007, 07:06:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_gatlingun

_AH_Gatlingun

_AH_DarkWolf

Yeah looks like they started to arrive around April 8th, give or take. April 24th it says they sent out 5 Tomahawks and 6 Kittyhawks on a ground pounding mission. So they were certainly making use of them in some degree well before they disbanded.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Col._Hogan

_AH_DarkWolf

I was'nt thrilled with the natural metal finish textures I had for P-51s, so I downloaded a whack of templates and got some good layers from one by a fellow named Blaze. After a few more fixes and tweaks I think I'm done.

Looks more cleaner and metalie than what I had, especially the underside. Now I just need to create 26 copies and copy all the markings from the old templates into each.  (kooky)

If we ever do an 8th Air Force mustang campaign, I'd be all over that for the skins.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_DarkWolf

And how it looks on a fully marked aircraft.

DW

_AH_taldrg

I love my country..It's the government I'm afraid of.

_AH_Archie

Very nice work!

I always enjoy your skins.  They always come with that handy red bulls eye just in front of the cockpit.

Arch

Watch your 6, Own your 12, Hug an 11, Kiss a 29.

_AH_DarkWolf

I always put my maple badge on the left side to better dazzle Archie when I'm in a gentle left hand turn.

DW

_AH_DarkWolf

I've been reworking my Spitfire Vcs lately :

This one is in 417 markings, they were only RCAF squadron to operate in the MTO.

This is a reverse lend-lease one of the US 54th FG.

This one is in aussie markings, one of the squadrons that defended Darwin in northern australia from the japanese.

This is another aussie bird, I think from a squadron that operated in New Guinea later in the war.

And of course I've worked on a plethora of various markings for the squadrons that operated on Malta for the next campaign. They were very distinct with the blue camo they adopted since they were fighting over the water usually.

DW

_AH_Autorotate

love that aussie skin.  :drinking-43:
i miss making skins, i miss the game.  :help-sos-sos-29402:

_AH_DarkWolf

Finally finished my P-47 redos :

It's possible, however unlikely, that I have too many P-47 skins...

DW

_AH_Col._Hogan

_AH_Archie

Watch your 6, Own your 12, Hug an 11, Kiss a 29.

_AH_DarkWolf

Whats sad is I have even more P-51 skins...

DW

_AH_DarkWolf

Speaking of P-51s... (left click the images to make them larger)

A few of these schemes are for groups in the MTO with a couple PTO ones. The rest are all 8th AF with a couple 9th AF ones.

DW