Some Recent and Not so Recent Skins

Started by _AH_Gonzo, June 12, 2007, 07:06:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_DarkWolf

Spar, forgive me, for I am an idiot.

Answer this simple question : In the following image, which constitutes a "red hub". The left wheel, or the right.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Col._Hogan

Ok you skin'in nuts, I got a mission for you...

I have Christmas wish.

A P-38 painted in the 357th fighter scheme

http://www.franka.plus.com/plane_picture_company.htm 
Will give some good pics of the spinner and cowling. my ultimate wish is to have a pacific(olive/Grey), European(aluminum W/and without stripes) and desert(khaki). And if possible the rudder would match the cowling.

Boy, I ask for allot don't I  ?

P.S  9 Jap/Luft kill flags.

OK I'll stop now........S!!   

_AH_DarkWolf

I figured the left one as well. Thats what I'll go with for now then.

I just could'nt understand your initial post Spar, was'nt sure if you were answering my question or not you sarcastic bastage.

Hogan, thats a hell of a request. I messed around a little with a P-38 template some time ago, it was tough to work with due to all the mirroring. I long since deleted it so I don't have anything to work with myself.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Gonzo

QuoteI have Christmas wish.

A P-38 painted in the 357th fighter scheme

Hogan, just to make sure I have this right. You want a P-38 painted up like a 357th P-51?

While it is sort of "Doable" you're going to need to specify where you want the checks and the aircraft codes. The nose of and tail sections of the P-38 are a real problem to paint due to the mirroring as DW stated.

I would suggest, red and orange checked engine cowls, and no unit ID with just the tail letter but it will still be reversed on one of the tail booms.

I still have a P-38 template and could try to work on it for you if you want. Oh yeah, I still have the P-51 skin of yours from ages ago based on the P-51 in your link but without the name on the nose. Get with me on coms some night and I'll send it over if you still want it.

"I wish I was who I was when I wanted to be what I am today" - Jimi Hendrix

_AH_DarkWolf

This is a redo of my tempest skins using a newly released template. It's a really well done template.

DW

_AH_Gonzo

I like the weathering DW. Who's template did you use for the skin?

Oh yeah, the nose art name is pretty funny too.

"I wish I was who I was when I wanted to be what I am today" - Jimi Hendrix

_AH_DarkWolf

Yes, it's certainly a dirty bird is'nt it? All that weathering came with the template. It's by a guy called Alex Voicu. The templates are available on simmerspaintshop, he's made like 3 different ones.

DW

_AH_DarkWolf

Here are some olive drab P-38s I've been working on. The top one is based on the markings of a 55th fighter group squadron, with and without invasion stripes. The bottom is based on a squadron in New Guinea. The P-38 is a cool aircraft and this 3D model is nice, but it's a texture mapping nightmare.

DW

_AH_Moggy

DW:  I like the New Guinea one (white "29").  Any chance of getting  it from you?

Moggy

_AH_DarkWolf

Well, I could send it to you but thats my own a/c so it has the maple leaf badge and such on it. If you'd like, it would be simple to create one for you with whatever number, colors and noseart if you have one you want. Just remember anything on the booms or the tail will be mirrored on the other side. ie I chose a single M for those european skins so it looks the same backwards, the 29 on the bottom skin is backwards on the other side.

DW

_AH_DarkWolf

I've started working with some bare metal finish P-38s too.

DW

_AH_DarkWolf

Another OD one based on an odd 9th AF a/c.

DW

_AH_DarkWolf

Achtung spitfire! I finally bit the bullet and put some work into a Mk.IX template I'd been messing with for awhile.

I've also been making some 9th AF P-47s.

DW

_AH_Rumely

"Man" you do good work can you paint my car? ........... I need a beer :drinking-42:

_AH_DarkWolf

Hmm, do you want D-day stripes in your car? That would be cool for June 6th...

DW