Some Recent and Not so Recent Skins

Started by _AH_Gonzo, June 12, 2007, 07:06:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_DarkWolf

DW*S is my favorite among the MkVcs too. I like dark blues.

Speaking of the MkVcs, has anyone noticed the perspective from the cockpit seems to be screwed up on them? Your view of the wing is totally different compared to the Seafires, MkVIIIs, MkIXs and MkVbs. Odd.

If anyone wants a version of one of the skins I've done with their own noseart, code letters, serial number etc, just PM me on the site and I'd be glad to help.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_DarkWolf

I've been working with Leadspitter's P-40 template and made some different historically themed skins. I don't really know much about P-40s, just went by some pictures and other skins.

Top to bottom are an RAF North Africa scheme (Not the right style shark mouth, but all I could find), a US North Africa scheme, US scheme operating from Sicily, RAAF scheme from Italy, of course the ole aussie green scheme and a later war US New Guinea scheme.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_DarkWolf

I was working on a Beaufighter skin and like other aircraft, one scheme leads to another :

And also a Tempest with and without invasion stripes :

DW

_AH_DarkWolf

Here's a New Guinea theatre P-39 I've been messing with. Hard to find examples of many different schemes that don't require a mouth of some sort..

DW

_AH_tomtom

Hey they look great DW!!  Better then I could do! :blue-loves-coffee:

"Lord, if you won't make me skinny, please make all my friends fat."

_AH_DarkWolf

Here's a couple Tomahawks I made. The top one is of course in a north african scheme. The bottom one is based on a No.400 squadron RCAF aircraft operating in england in early 1942. Strange the way the fighter command band and codes are sky blue, on the real aircraft the spinner was sky blue as well.

DW

_AH_DarkWolf

Heres another early P-40, this time in a Flying Tigers kinda scheme.

DW

_AH_DarkWolf

Here's my first attemp at a russian skin. Just loosely historically based from various examples I've seen.

DW

_AH_Moggy

Wow.  Looks damn good, DW.  Now, if you could only put that kind of lipstick on a *real* Russian plane, rather than on a pig...

(3 guesses as to which type would work)

Moggy

_AH_Rumely

_AH_DarkWolf

Moggy, I'll have you know I would never stoop to painting a russian made plane. Especially not that pug-fugly hunk of junk you are so bloody fond of.

Nope, not in a million years.

Oh wait, I can make fun of people in russian on the side of the plane? Well why did'nt someone tell me before?!?!

DW

_AH_Olds

LOL...I'm almost afraid to ask what it says :surprised-041:
"My choice early in life was either to be a piano-player in a whorehouse or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference". - Harry S. Truman

_AH_DarkWolf

Whats funny is the first slogan I thought of was "For the glory of Aces High!". So I ran that through this online translator and got the russian version. Just for the heck of it I thought I'd run the russian translation back through the translator using russian to english to make sure it was right. It came back as "For the glory of @$$ high!" 

:lol-034:

DW

_AH_Olds

"My choice early in life was either to be a piano-player in a whorehouse or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference". - Harry S. Truman

_AH_DarkWolf

Another russianie paintscheme. The script above the exaust reads (I hope) "The Dark Wolf".

DW