Some Recent and Not so Recent Skins

Started by _AH_Gonzo, June 12, 2007, 07:06:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Gonzo

"I wish I was who I was when I wanted to be what I am today" - Jimi Hendrix

_AH_Moggy

Quote from: _AH_Spardog on November 24, 2007, 04:07:02 PM
S~N

At anger management rehab last week, inmates were tasked to research topics of military significance that would help us get out of our crummy moods.  During my research project I found out that star emblems painted on Russian fighter aircraft fuselages identified the following:

red-stars = number of enemy planes pilot shot down
yellow-stars = number of times pilot caused a restart

Gonzo:  Job opportunity!

_AH_DarkWolf

Quote from: _AH_Spardog on November 24, 2007, 04:07:02 PM
red-stars = number of enemy planes pilot shot down

I preferred Spar when he was on leave.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_DarkWolf

This is a skin I've had in the works for months. It started as an olive drab/neutral grey scheme, but then I copied this bare metal layer I thought looked ok from another template. Liking the color blue the way I do, I've always liked the 352nd FG markings.  :cool:

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Gonzo

Quotered-stars = number of enemy planes pilot shot down

LMAO

-----------------------------------------

Great P-51 skin DW. THe metal looks great and the amount of wear and tear on the the aircraft looks perfect for a combat aircraft. Good stuff!

_AH_REBEL

well it the star thing goes i lead the pack suckers i think i caused more restarts in the past 5 years then anyone else i am the restart master lol i 5000 yellow stars lol

_AH_DarkWolf

Another bluenoser mustang, this time a C model, with and without invasion stripes.

DW

_AH_DarkWolf

One more! This one a B model in natural metal, with and without invasion stripes.

DW

_AH_Gonzo

Again DW... I like. I like how the "X" on the B model with the invasions stripes is covered partially.

In invasions stripes were painted onto the aircraft during the night preceeding the invasion and ther was no time for any fancy masking to protect the aircraft ID's.

_AH_DarkWolf

Yeah Gonzo, I looked at alot of pictures and color plates of 352nd FG aircraft and alot of them even had half the squadron code painted over. Some did'nt, but I suspect those a/c might have been received later and had the codes painted farther forward from the start.

DW

Foxbat

Drooling here. Those are awesome. A little biased of course as I do love me da Stang. Nice job DW.
I would like to see a nice olive drab B model Yeager GG!

_AH_DarkWolf

You mean this a/c Fox?

It's pretty plain, would'nt be too hard to re-create it. Or I could create one with personalized codes, serials etc if you want. Just let me know.

DW

Foxbat

Yep, thats the one. I know, she is a bit plain. But I'll bet she can really cook!

Foxbat

LOL yep Spar it was shot down and landed at a farm somewhere.

_AH_DarkWolf

I'm just trying to figure out what "Wheel hubs painted red" means. Does that mean the whole wheel or just the very center where the spokes meet? Otherwise I think I've got everything. I'll pm you a link once I'm done Fox.

DW

Oh, and before SKAT smacks me upside the head, the misspelling of glamourous is intentional and historical!