Some Recent and Not so Recent Skins

Started by _AH_Gonzo, June 12, 2007, 07:06:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_DarkWolf

This is one :

http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads3&file=details&id=1341

The other I got from here :

http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php?topic=26690.0

The link is in the first post, look for the big blue "Template will be posted soon for anyone to finish it".

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

Aviar

Darkwolf,

Thank you so much...you're a lifesaver. The download on the sas site is now set to 'Private', but I did manage to download the one on M4T, so at least I have something to work with. Thanks again!

Aviar
Intel i7-4790 4-Core @3.60GHz
Asus Z97-C Motherboard
16GB DDR-3 1600 SDRAM @800 MHz
NVIDIA GTX 760 - 2GB
Creative SB ZX SBX
Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
27" AOC LED - 2752
Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard
CH FighterStick-Pro Throttle-Pro Pedals
Logitech G13 Gameboard
GoFlight GF-T8 Module
WIN 8.1

_AH_DarkWolf

Been trying to work on some Hellcats lately. Unfortunately there are only two templates out there that I could find so I don't have alot to work with. As usual with navy stuff I used RONNCO's skins as a guide for markings and colors. So far I've only attempted an overall blue F6F-5 and it's a work in progress.

This is a VF-84 bird off the Bunker Hill.

And one of 1844 squadron of HMS Formidable of the British Pacific Fleet in 45.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_gatlingun

~S~
Looks great,would like to have the Bunker Hill,#155 and WENDY G on the nose. gatlingun on left side of cockpit. All in white.
_AH_Gatlingun

_AH_DarkWolf

I'm not at the point of taking requests just yet, early days for that. I'm sure I'll be finding little issues and making little tweaks for awhile. Gimme a few weeks and I'll see what I can do.

DW

_AH_gatlingun

~S~

No problem DW.  I meant to ask you this last night but never did,what is the best way to be certain we are landing on the correct carrier when returning to base in Task Force 58? I may know the ans.but am not sure.
_AH_Gatlingun

_AH_taldrg

~S~
   Just give me a plane with a good engine and paint it ... Blue.
I love my country..It's the government I'm afraid of.

_AH_DarkWolf

Quote from: _AH_gatlingun on June 12, 2013, 09:20:26 PM
~S~

No problem DW.  I meant to ask you this last night but never did,what is the best way to be certain we are landing on the correct carrier when returning to base in Task Force 58? I may know the ans.but am not sure.

Zoom in on your map and look where your waypoints go. They should have you landing back on the same carrier, same as any COOP.

DW

_AH_DarkWolf

I'm getting there, as usual I used RONNCO's skins as a guide for the carrier air group markings.

They have the markings repeated on the starboard upper wing at least, sometimes more.

And group photo with the corsairs in the blanks pack for good measure.

Yes TD, blue, all blue. Not say....olive drab for example. I'm looking at you Dandy!

DW

JimDandy

Oh for pete sake, I will wear the standard blue skin Skipper for campaign.  :thinking-008:

_AH_DarkWolf

Working on an F6F-3 template now, trying to make them RONNCOish as usual. Early days yet but it's getting there.

DW

_AH_DarkWolf

These are a few more kites I made for myself, takes alot of work to try and get the numbers to look right, they varied so much unit to unit.

This one is from VF/VBF-12 of the Randolph. The chaps who invite us to their campaigns play as this squadron.

This is a bird from VF/VBF-17 from the Hornet. Note the skull and crossbones logo under the cockpit, this was the next incarnation of the "Jolly Rogers", the previous squadron made their name flying corsairs from land bases in the solomons.

This one is from VF-83 on the Essex.

And one from VF-9 off the Yorktown.

I've also done a couple F6F-3s. This one has markings of VF-31 "Meataxers" from the CVL Cabot.

And one from VF-1 "Tophatters" of the Yorktown.

And yes, I see white 29s on a blue background in my sleep now. Thank you for asking.

DW

JimDandy

Nice job skipper, they look outstanding.  :drinking-43:

_AH_taldrg

I love my country..It's the government I'm afraid of.

_AH_DarkWolf

One last Hellcat, always wanted to do one of these British Pacific Fleet camo ones. This one is in markings from the carrier Indomitable.

Humph, some of my pictures are already no longer showing. Imageshack is usually more reliable than this.

DW