Some Recent and Not so Recent Skins

Started by _AH_Gonzo, June 12, 2007, 07:06:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_DarkWolf

Yes, he was sporting it tuesday night. He also has some 442 squadron ones.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_DarkWolf

Working on the SBD-5 for Dave's campaign. Its getting there, went with some 1944 marine markings. Hard to find many profiles or pictures of -5s in the area before then. Once I'm done tweaking I'll put the SBD-3 nosearts on em and zip em up.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Col._Hogan

Sweet!

I was thinking about my '42 skin on Tue.

~S

_AH_z5o

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.

_AH_DarkWolf

Ever since I started playing IL-2 I always loved the snarling cat noseart of VF-27. Never could find a template that came with that layer and all my attempts recreate it from modelling decals and such looked crummy. I tried a couple year ago to trace the noseart from one of RONNCO's skins and failed. Gave it another try and achieved a close enough copy.

On an F6F-3 :

And an F6F-5 :

VF-27 was on the light carrier Princeton which was bombed and sunk on October 24, 1944 off the Philippines. A few of VF-27's aircraft were up and landed on other carriers which incorporated the a/c into their own air groups. Unfortunately one of the first things they did was paint out the noseart on them as it was considered non-regulation.  :censored-015:

DW

_AH_Bear

Ill takem... lol you know what i like..  i hope :lol

_AH_gatlingun

_AH_Gatlingun

_AH_Hollywood

I'm all good as it is... with the exception of the PSD layer I asked for ..... XMAS comes in October? Or maybe it's a T-DAY gift on Monday.
"You sneaky little bastards aren't getting doodly sh*t from me, except maybe my name, rank, and Social Security number: Wood, Hollis P., Lumberjack, Social Security 106-43-2185."-Slim Pickens-The movie-1941

_AH_DarkWolf

I forgot about that. The kill marking I use is actually just cut from a RONNCO skin. Anytime I squished the flag down that much it ended up a blur. You can easily cut one of the flags on your skin and paste it as needed.

DW

_AH_Hollywood

"You sneaky little bastards aren't getting doodly sh*t from me, except maybe my name, rank, and Social Security number: Wood, Hollis P., Lumberjack, Social Security 106-43-2185."-Slim Pickens-The movie-1941

_AH_Gator

S! DW I don't like the cat nose art can you put a Gator nose art for me plz

_AH_DarkWolf

This is basically the same skin but in two different games with 13 or 14 years of separation technologically.

DW

_AH_DarkWolf

I've been playing with my ding-a-ling a bunch lately.

Working it quite a bit, every night for several days straight.

I kept going and going until I was satisfied.

Would you like to see pics of my ding-a-ling?

Yes, my ding-a-ling is a skin.

What were you wierdos thinking?

DW

PS - Quit ogling my ding-a-ling.

_AH_Bear

_AH_Col._Hogan

I love the Churchill and Roosevelt reference!

Beautiful.

S!