Started by _AH_Gonzo, June 12, 2007, 07:06:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_JimDandy

Impressive looking ding a ling DW,  :cool:

_AH_Archie

Is that plane regulation size?  Looks tiny to me

Just sayin

Arch

Watch your 6, Own your 12, Hug an 11, Kiss a 29.

_AH_DarkWolf

When I last updated the P-38 skins for BoX I added a 370th fighter group skin for myself. I've been working on that skin more and on markings for the other two squadrons in the group. Aside from my own the only other skin I've ever made for that group was one for Gator and since I had a large enough version of his noseart I remade it with a few tweaks. Its from the 485th sqaudron, the squadron you fly as in the Lightning Strikes scripted campaign.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_JimDandy

Gorgeous looking planes DW.  (wavey)

_AH_DarkWolf

When I did the above skin I modified the invasion stripes to get that effect of the white being overpainted on the upper surfaces but with the black left intact. There is a painting that wraps around the cover of The 370th Fighter Group in World War II called "Tucker's Anvil" (wish I could find a nice image of the whole painting) that depicts some bare metal aircraft with the same overpainting of the white stripes with olive drab. It looks kind of peculiar but also kind of interesting.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_JimDandy

It kicks major butt DW, your the Picasso of Skinning. :)