UI 1.2 Testing Comments

Started by _AH_Col._Hogan, October 16, 2009, 05:40:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Col._Hogan

Two more hours of online testing last night with zero bugs to report.

Have test flown just about every AC available and brother, this baby rocks!

S!

_AH_Johnny

...if it's just for fun, why do they keep points?

_AH_Twisted

A few people are having issues downloading non-corrupted files. Not me as I'm waiting until it is an official squad requirement. I just don't have the room for 2 complete game folders on my small HD.

~S~

_AH_Col._Hogan

Was it Tbull that has his own FTP site?

Maybe we could upload our non-corrupted files there?

S!

_AH_Prop

I have a set of non-corrupted files, however on AAA theyve released a torrent to download UI 1.2

_AH_Boosher

The "file corruption" is a problem with the installer, not the files. The game still runs fine and I have run into NO problems whatsoever. Make sure that the files you downloaded match the file sizes you were supposed to download:

Almost all the files should be 204,800 KB, with the exception of the last one, which is 15,284 KB. The patch for the B-25D skin should be 3,739 KB.

_AH_Col._Hogan

Does anyone have the B-25 patch for 1.2?

_AH_MOAB

In order to test you must get a non corrupt copy all 8 of the downloads first.  Been trying to get them since last night.  something wrong with that.

This crap is really starting to piss me off.  How many more of this things are they going to make or we going to test?

_AH_Autorotate

i downloaded and installed the whole thing within 40 minutes, 2 corrupt files both P-51 skins that don't even matter. game runs fine and i love it. i hope the rest of you can see the light. its nothing but improvements. no harder to install than 1.1 :drinking-43:

_AH_MOAB

I bitched, I moaned and groaned and now it works.  I fell much better now, wish everything worked that way.

_AH_Col._Hogan

I think once we get a set of good files uploaded to Tbulls ftp site things will go much smoother.

How do I become a member of S.A.P.P.?

S!

_AH_MOAB

DO I DARE ASK   Whats S.A.P.P.?? 

_AH_Autorotate

Quote from: _AH_Col._Hogan on October 16, 2009, 10:45:48 PM
I think once we get a set of good files uploaded to Tbulls ftp site things will go much smoother.

How do I become a member of S.A.P.P.?

S!

its a secret!

just copy the sig :P

_AH_Johnny

don't-cha just love this game...
...if it's just for fun, why do they keep points?

_AH_Moby

~S~!

Maybe I missed sumpin in the past threads....  so here is my question....  Do you need a fresh install of the game to install UI 1.2, or can I make a copy of my patched up modded UI 1.1.1 version and install UI 1.2 over it? 

I know the 1.1.1 an the 1.2 aren't compatible with 4.09m, thats another issue entirely, but I would think it would be tons easier if you could just install 1.2 over 1.1.1.....

Wishful thinking or does anyone know?

~S~!
Mobes.

If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

_AH_BBQhead

S~.. Make a copy of your 1.1 and install the 1.2 over top of it..

at least that's what i've been hearing.

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

_AH_Moby

~S~!

Thanks Boss!   I kinda found the same answer on AAA site...not sure why I missed that over there...lol!!! 

Mobes.

If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

_AH_Autorotate

yep. i just made a copy of my 1.1.1 with all my mods and everything and installed 1.2 over that. went fine and most of the mods are still working as far as i can tell.

_AH_Col._Hogan

I concur, I did the same as Auto.

S!

_AH_taldrg

~S~                  OH    LORD    help me. !!!!!
I love my country..It's the government I'm afraid of.

_AH_Col._Hogan

No worries TD, not gonna be official for a while

S!

_AH_Boosher

This just in from Monguse.

UI 1.2.5 will be the last AAA version of the mods. From that point on all the modding sites have joined together and will produce ONE modpack for the whole community.

_AH_Col._Hogan

_AH_Moggy

Well, first off don't consider this in any way conclusive, but in my short experiments with UI 1_2 some things that were advertised as being changed (e.g., the Avenger AI FM, which is, by default, the player-flyable FM also) have in fact not changed.

The install process is not too hard, but has one glitch at the end whereby you have to manually install a patch for one of the B-25 skins.  That said, the download process is a MAJOR (deliberate emphasis) pain in the @$$.  Some of the mirrors are broken, most of the others have abysmally low download rates, and I ended up with two corrupted downloads.  Certainly not enough for me to give it a "thumbs-down," because all it takes is a little (OK, maybe more than a little) patience to work your way through the downloads.

With more experimenting, this version may prove a good addition.  It would also help a lot if we could persuade TBull to upload each part of UI 1_2 to his download site, so that the download rates will be much improved.

_AH_BBQhead

S~..  The corrupted DL's are the biggest and most consistent problem.. the 1.1 suffers from the same.

Has anyone tried using a Download manager to see if it helps?  I think the one AAA recommends is called Get Right.  Just thinking that it might cure a lot of head aches.. could be nothing at all though..

I also noticed in my winrar there is a  "Fix Archive"  tool in the tools.. has any one tried that? 

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

_AH_Duff4r

Hiyas!

First, GetRight is awesome! I don't use it any longer as Firefox has one built into one of the Extensions.

Second, Yes the Archive Fixer works very well....most of the time :-}

Third,
Quote from: _AH_Boosher on November 06, 2009, 05:35:40 PM
This just in from Monguse/url].

UI 1.2.5 will be the last AAA version of the mods. From that point on all the modding sites have joined together and will produce ONE modpack for the whole community.

Did I tell ya??  Yeah I did.  You will find a good deal of UltraPack within the next Mod Pack, or at least...so I hear.  Hades is a last hold out because AAA gave him such a bad time and in fact laid claim to mods that were developed within UP by Hades and others like ZUTI, the moving Dogfight guy.

All Good,
Duff

_AH_Col._Hogan

Update on 1.2.5(409m official + 1.2)

S!
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"UPDATE 11-04-2009, Compilation of the 1.2.5 Community Installer

We will have a working 409m 1.2.5 version which be released no later than the week of Nov 9th.

There are two reasons for the delay,

1. We are waiting for updated FM's for some of the mod aircraft (new content)
2. We have built two versions which are:

A. Full version which is a roll up of the UI all the way back to 1.1 and includes 1.2 and 1.2.5 using as much of the SFS content as possible.
B. LITE version of 1.2.5 that does not require a full download and is very easy to install but requires 1.2 as a base.

So far no issues on the LITE versions and as soon as we test drive the lite, this will be available ASAP. The good news in the LITE version is that offline users will be able to add content as they have been able to for a long while all the while using 409m. See, we listen!

The other news is that 1.2.5 is very simple to install for everyone.

The biggest hurdle has been the roll up from 1.1 -> 1.2.5 using the SFS files. In this version we need to retest 184 modded aircraft again to make sure we have absolutely no issues what so ever. This wont be out for a while as testing this behemoth is going to take a bit of time.

What to expect from the UI:

Updated FM for some of the modded aircraft
Fixed bugs from 1.2
Ensured we migrated all the new 409m data to the UI. Meaning that if one aircraft from 409m had been changed we used 409m data.
Absolutely NO weapons changes to any default game aircraft.
Absolutely NO FM changes to any default game aircraft. The only are new FM for existing planes in 409m have been used to update the UI.
Migration of unflyable AI using HSFX as a Standard."