Eagle Squadron Campaign

Started by DealnDave, October 21, 2009, 10:53:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DealnDave

S~ All (Below is a take off from Moggy's Slot Campaign Info that this BoB campaign will utilize),

The following is a summary of the scoring system that will be used during the campaign.  PLEASE don't hesitate to sound off (in private if you prefer) on what you think could be added / improved.

SUMMARY OF THE SCORING SYSTEM:

There will be no individual scores tallied.  Rather, scores will be totaled for each flight.  Following each mission, each flight will earn the base point total earned by all of its (human) pilots during the mission -- including points earned by attached pilots.  Additionally, there will be bonus points awarded to each flight for the following:

A)  Bringing all of that flight's human-piloted aircraft back to base safely in serviceable condition.*  Note:  "Serviceable condition," for purposes of this rule, means that the aircraft retains its flyable capability (acceptable conditions: undamaged,  battle damage that allows the aircraft to land intact,  bent prop) .  This bonus imparts a point total of + 50% of the base point total earned by that flight for the mission.

Example:  "C" Flight completes a mission with all 5 "breathers" RTB'ing safely.  The cumulative point total for "C" Flight is 1125.  "C" flight would be awarded a bonus of 563 points, bring its total to 1688.

*  If a flight (including attached pilots) contains less than four pilots for any mission, this bonus does NOT apply. This is to promote maximum flight participation.

B)  Mission-specific bonus points for achieving assigned tasks (e.g., sinking ships, etc.).  Each mission brief will detail any such points.  When applicable, these points are awarded to a flight as base points earned -- i.e., prior to any "bring 'em all back alive" multiplier.

Individual air-to-air kills will be tallied and tracked, as well as the number of sorties flown and completed by each pilot.

_AH_Twisted

~S~ Everyone.

I've added to the Eagle Skins for the Hurricane and Spits we'll be flying for the BoB Campaign. Right now I've just got C-Flights done. However if you wish to have one just let me know and I'll happily do one up for yourself, or your entire flight.
I tried to keep it historically correct using the correct font, lettering, roundels, and serial number.

All I would need to know is what "side number" to put on your plane.

~S~ Twist.

_AH_Doc

_AH_Gonzo

S! Dave, I like the scoring system but would like to make a suggestion please.

You mention an aircraft with a bent prop as being in "Serviceable condition". While the airframe would most likely be intact (Apart from maybe the engine mounts) it would take at least one night's worth of work for a crew to return the aircraft to the flight line. A bent prop usually takes most of the engine with it.

My suggestion would be to two sets of "Serviceable condition" criteria.

1. The aircraft could be back in combat within 2 -4 hours (Light battle damage to airframe, fuel leaks, light engine damage, damage to flight controls) and this would merit the 50% bonus total.

2. The aircraft can be returned to service in a day or so (Bent prop, broken gear, damage to outboard wing section, damage to cockpit area, dead engine) and this would merit only 25% bonus total.

We as a squad tend to lose too many aircraft in ground accidents. Truth be told, many air forces encountered the same problem. Maybe having this extra strain on the crews to put in the extra work in their landing and ground operations techniques will not only add to the realism of the campaign (Many RAF units were very short on serviceable airframes) but also improve our over all performance as well.

Then again, if such a scoring system is too hard to manage (I fully understand and appreciate how much work scoring anything entails!) feel free to drop the suggestion.

"I wish I was who I was when I wanted to be what I am today" - Jimi Hendrix

_AH_*PODS*_RGAA

Having said that .. Do we get penalized for others mishaps? Example = Tues mission I was sitting on the ground after safely landing and was taken out by a member of AH. Now all of A flight had successfully landed and made it back to base ... but I was wrecked a few min after being parked in formation. Does that count against my flight or me for that matter? How do we account for this?

Fly'n is the second greatest thrill
known to man, Landing is the first!
  Major _AH_Rgaa
        A Flight
 www.aceshigh.ws

_AH_Turbo

As an old AP mechanic let me put my two cents in. A prop strike does require engine replacement, How ever, there is a [QEC] kit that has the complete power plant ready to go. Some aircraft less then 1 hour to replace

[ TD  ]   Back in the days of APC and GI Gin they were called firewall forward

:happy-112:
Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil and your a thousand miles from the corn field. -Dwight D. Eisenhower

_AH_taldrg

~S~ Turbo. Was that 'QEC Kit' used in WW2.?
I love my country..It's the government I'm afraid of.

_AH_DarkWolf

Just a thought on the skin Twisted, the fighter command tail band was something that was added sometime during november 1940 or later. It's not something you'd see on RAF fighters during the BoB.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Twisted

~S~ DW

I actually didn't create the scheme. I only added the roundels, squadron marking, flight marking, pilot's name, and serial number  (6). The base skin is what Deal'nDave chose use.

~S~

_AH_Gonzo

QuoteHow ever, there is a [QEC] kit that has the complete power plant ready to go. Some aircraft less then 1 hour to replace

Good point Turbo! Forgot that engines could/would be lined up on racks with mounts, props and all ready to be fitted.

Any idea if they were used during this time period?

Then again, maybe it might be a better idea to just keep the originally suggested scoring system and make everyone's life just a little bit more hassle free, lol.

"I wish I was who I was when I wanted to be what I am today" - Jimi Hendrix