"VMF-214 Blacksheep Campaign"

Started by DealnDave, December 06, 2009, 10:02:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DealnDave

S~ All,

Looking for a little input from the Squad here.  With the departure of Moggy..his Essex Air group 15 campaign has gone by the wayside.  I tried to do some research on his project, but without knowing what he was using, it's kinda tough to figure out what he was going to do.  So with that said, I tought we could go back to the slot as the VMF-214 Blacksheep Squadron.   (glasses)

I do have a couple of really good resources and we have an accurate map in which I can build the campaign. I just wanted to see if there is any intrest in flying a campaign of this sort.  For you skinners out there the primary plane used in this campaign would be the F4U-1A.  I believe the campaign would be anywhere from 16-20 missions in length.

With the Eagle Squadron Campaign nearing it's halfway point, I thought asking for a new campaign would be in order, giving me time to start building the missions.  I would also need some help with this new campaign, in that, I would like to have some assistance in construction of the mission briefings and the web based scoreboard/AAR's.

So, if anyone is intrested, let me know.

_AH_Jack

I'm all for it, Dave, although it's a lot of work for you.

_AH_Archie

Watch your 6, Own your 12, Hug an 11, Kiss a 29.

_AH_Col._Hogan

_AH_Turbo

Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil and your a thousand miles from the corn field. -Dwight D. Eisenhower

_AH_z5o

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.

_AH_Corona

Captain Wild Bill Kelso: War nerves? Who said war nerves?

Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell, no!

_AH_Prop

_AH_taldrg

~S~ I am in of course and if you need any history, background, info on 214 I have the original USMC book with the flights  and campains of the 214.
I love my country..It's the government I'm afraid of.

DealnDave

Quote from: _AH_taldrg on December 07, 2009, 04:49:16 PM
~S~ I am in of course and if you need any history, background, info on 214 I have the original USMC book with the flights  and campains of the 214.

S~ All,

Thanks TD, that would be greatly appreicated.  I'm using the following two books and web page as a reference:

- Baa Baa Blacksheep - by Gregory Boyington
- Once They Were Eagles - By Frank Walton
- Ace Pilots VMF-214 web page: http://www.acepilots.com/usmc_vmf214.html

_AH_Twenty

_AH_DarkWolf

I don't think we're really a campaign squad.....   :surprised-027:

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_taldrg

~S~                    Say...what??
I love my country..It's the government I'm afraid of.

_AH_Jack

Dave, If you need help in building any missions, I can help.  I'd just need the scenario and conditions from you.  Of course, you could then tweak it as needed & write the brief to fit...just a thought.   You design the mission & I (there are other mission builders here too) can put the pieces in.

DealnDave

S~ All,

UPDATE: Well there seems to be some intrest in this campaign, therefore I'm moving forward.  Actually I've completed the first mission plus the breifing  (glasses)  

Jack check your PM, I've got a mission or two for you  (glasses)

Estimated length of the missions look to be 1 to 1:15 hour/s.  Simular to the Slot Campaign...if there is a time in which we are out of the enemy's range the mission commander can make the call to end the mission a bit early.

OH....and speaking of the mission commander...if anyone is intrested in commanding a mission let me know via this thread.  AND...Jack, in keeping with the fine traditions of the _AH_ your on tap to lead the 1st mission  :lol-029: