SAS and Tiger Sounds

Started by _AH_Viper, January 28, 2010, 06:29:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Viper

Well boys I'm still at it with those sounds.  So far I've taken Tiger's Buttons file out and replaced it with SAS Buttons file with great results.  I've also used their FOV fix to take care of the Zoom in effect that you get when going out of plane and returning to a zoomed in cockpit even  during a fly by.  Now I have to test the servers.  Will post results on that when time allows.  Foxbat ya rat bastard, had to keep prodding me for an answer.  Well ya did it this time bud.   :lol   :happy-112:

_AH_BBQhead

S~.  I really don't like the idea of people changing buttons files since it's my understanding that is where the Flight Models  are.

Is there any way to look inside a buttons file and see what differences there are between them?

It just seems that a different buttons file is quite likely to contain a different data set for the flight models.

I know some people don't care if others are using  the same files that affect game play, but i do.   

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

_AH_DarkWolf

If BBQ stops flying cause people are running different versions again I am gonna hack the offenders nuts off with a rusty butter knife.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_taldrg

~S~ Rgr. that DW and I will hold your coat.
I love my country..It's the government I'm afraid of.

_AH_Duff4r

Quote from: _AH_BBQhead on January 28, 2010, 04:30:27 PM
S~.  I really don't like the idea of people changing buttons files since it's my understanding that is where the Flight Models  are.

Is there any way to look inside a buttons file and see what differences there are between them?

It just seems that a different buttons file is quite likely to contain a different data set for the flight models.

I know some people don't care if others are using  the same files that affect game play, but i do.   

Guys, If you've read any of my posts you know I'm here too...

=======>NO NEW BUTTONS FILES<======= that is CHEATING!

If you want to experiment do it in a copy of the game.  Don't fly with it!

There is only one buttons file and that's the one that came with UP 2.0!!

It is imperative that if we fly HSFX that we all have the MOD in, not just the host.  Host needs to run CRT=2 to prevent this.

Duff4r

_AH_Viper

Hey hold on guys, I'm just testing.  I have a good copy of the game.  What I'm putting up is just for info only.  So hold on to them nuts for a while, ya might be needin them.  Isn't this the comment thread?  Maybe I'm in the wrong room.  (tongue)

_AH_Viper

Also read my last post in Individual Add-Ons and Mods.

_AH_z5o

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.

_AH_Duff4r

Viper,

It's not about you.  We're making sure others don't add those to their MAIN games!!

S~
Duff

_AH_Viper

Well everything has been quite stable these days.  Seems my sounds and compatibility are working just fine.  I have been able to get into all servers and host late nights with a few AH members with no problems.  A work in progress.