ATI Users Info

Started by _AH_Viper, February 19, 2010, 07:52:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Viper

For those of us using ATI cards the new 10.2 driver is available.  It's good But! the text blocks are still there.  I have a fix though.  Create a folder called Text fix, in your file structure for those using the switcher.  Install the 9.10 dLL that I have into it. This fix if for those with newer video cards like the 4 and 5 series.
1. delete your earlier drivers
2. install the new 10.2 driver
3. setup your Control Manager and disable Catalyst A.I.
4. Enable Vsync. to your liking
5. Anti Aliasing to 4x with Edge detect @ 12 (this is safe so also do it to your liking).
6. Go into your games config.ini and change forest from 2 to 3.  for some reason 2 makes bad frame hits and 3 is as smooth as glass.  This can be found in Direct X and Open GL.  If you are experiencing a blue, purple hue on your plane and when firing guns, I have a fix for that also. Just let me know and I will instruct on a one to one basis.  I think it does it for the Nvidia crowd too.
7. Run the game. You will probably see that the text is Bloch ed but will go to normal once you fire your cannons or bomb.  it will go away after that for the entirety of the game. Check it out.
8. Create the folder called Text fix and install the Atiopglxx.dll  in that folder. if you don't make a folder and install direct to your game your mouse will studder and slow way down.  This dLL is from the 9.10 driver and is the 32bit version. for those running Windows XP.  There is a 64bit version of this file also for the Vista and Windows 7 crowd.  The instructions are the same.

Happy Video
Da Vipes