P-38F-1 flaps, bug?

Started by _AH_DarkWolf, February 24, 2010, 10:18:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Duff4r

Quote from: _AH_BBQhead on March 05, 2010, 12:16:39 AM
S~.. My question is, If that is the fix, what would be the better way to go?  Just minus it out, or copying those three files in?

The answer is: it really doesn't matter, either way is good!  The MODS folder is a personal choice to use or not to use.  Remember....it was originally to have a (-) in front of it (-MODS).  Inside that folder was the STD folder which contains the com folder, the GUI folder, and the i18n folder so in practicality they were already (-).  The STD folder was not in play and should not be now.

So, either, minus it out, copy the com, GUI, and the18n folder from the files folder or....at this time you could remove it totally (not recommended).

It's your choice or the squads at a meeting.  Were I to be asked and what I have done is to minus mine out like so: -STD.  problem solved.  My P-38 has only the 2 flap position.

S~
Duff

_AH_DarkWolf

I spoke to Jack yesterday about bringing this up at tonight's meeting. But last night Fox mentioned he removed the minus from his MODS folder but did nothing else and had the proper flap settings. That does'nt compute with what we've been thinking. If he has'nt put a minus in front of the STD folder in his MODS folder or manually updated the files in the MODS\STD, he should have the wrong flap settings should he not?  Something does not compute....

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Duff4r

Quote from: _AH_DarkWolf on March 14, 2010, 01:57:21 PM
I spoke to Jack yesterday about bringing this up at tonight's meeting. But last night Fox mentioned he removed the minus from his MODS folder but did nothing else and had the proper flap settings. That does'nt compute with what we've been thinking. If he has'nt put a minus in front of the STD folder in his MODS folder or manually updated the files in the MODS\STD, he should have the wrong flap settings should he not?  Something does not compute....
DW

First I love the Fox man like a brother, LOL!...he does have some weird stuff happen. ====>  There is another way to fix the flaps.....Copy the com, gui, and i18n folders from the Files folder to the STD folder and overwrite when asked.  That's what he did!

In future updates that's what will happen...that's what should have happened when we went from 2.0 to 2.0m. UltraPack..GOOFED.

See, I knew about the update error by UP and it was easy to fix. I fixed mine ASAP by doing the above, copying folders!  Then when I heard about the FLAP error it was obvious what happened.  Some had the MOD (-), some didn't.  Some had the STD (-), some didn't.  Some had been to the UP site and knew about copying the above folders and overwriting, some didn't. I know that sooner or later we are on to version 2.0n, which....LOL! They forgot again wanting to get it out and forgot to update the MODS\STD folder.  HaDeS was hot!  Oops a pun?

Regardless, I got thinking about file structure and how we install new planes in.  It dawned on me that the MODS folder could be accessed two ways now.  One via the Files folder structure and one via the MODS\STD folder structure.  A bit of tinkering proved my theory. I didn't say anything here as I hadn't considered those guys that only had room for 1 install.  I also, the professor in me, decided it would be a good idea to try to help everyone understand the IL-2 file structure. "Knowledge is Power" that diminishes fear.  Thus the post below.

Regards,
Duff

_AH_Col._Hogan

Please update Duffr's profile page...

S!