VMF223 Campaign

Started by _AH_BBQhead, October 12, 2007, 01:17:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_BBQhead

S~. Please use this topic thread for all discussion regarding the VMF223 Campaign.

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

_AH_BBQhead

S~ All. Not too long before the next VMF mission and not a peep from our mission CO.. Dev? lol.. have ya got anything worked up?  if we don't see a plan from Viper by this evening, we'll be turning to you, Dev.

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to

_AH_Mutley

Bwaaaaaaaaaa....oops! Shut up Mutt...you ain't looked at the mission yet either.  :idiot-0011:

_AH_BBQhead

S~ All. Looks like Viper has posted some of his plan for tonight in the Upcoming Events topic. 

_AH_Moggy

To: VMF-223
Subj: 13 September 1942 (1st mission) Mission Briefing

The mission brief is available for download.  Go to the "View Downloads" section.

All flight personnel are directed to download and review the brief!

Moggy

_AH_BBQhead

S~ All. I got an email from Dev today telling me he will have an inspired plan for this week's VMF mission posted sometime late tomorrow afternoon.. He's been very busy this week, but is building a plan and will be here for the mission. Won't leave much time for collaboration, but with any luck, we'll get out of the ready room a little more quickly than last week.. some missions do take a little longer to get going.. but i've noticed our ready room times are starting to take that slide down the slippery slope. Let's be brief in the briefing.. but not rushed.. and as always.. once launched.. take your time on the runway.So far we have 4 of 5 Flight leaders selected. They are: Taldrg -A Flt., Tbull -B Flt., Rumely -C Flt., D flight to be decided, and BBQ -HQ Flt...     TD's laid out a plan for A flight .. (copied and pasted below)
( I've started locking the upcoming events thread to keep the double threads down. but the events i posted before i had that bright idea are still open.)

Copied: ~S~  "A" Flight Briefing from flight lead Lt. taldrg.
Aircraft assigment(subject to change).
#12 taldrg
#14 ring
#16 gonzo
#18 moggy
#20 hogan
Flight Plan at takeoff:
#12/14 will fly N.W. along the ridge line. At feet wet proceed to meeting point.
#16 fly just offshore(out of AAA range)to meeting point.
#18 fly two(2)thousand feet above #16 to meeting point.
#20 fly two(2)thousand feet above #12/14 to meeting point.
Meeting point will be B 1/2  9 1/2 intersection.
Object: All pilots will mark position of ground fire and barge locations.
At meeting point, targets will be assigned. Pilots will then prceed to target and distroy same and then RTB.
If attacked by enemy aircraft, dump bomb, get down to 50 feet off water and run for home.
Altitude: Pilots will fly at altitude he feels is best to complete his assigment.
Respectfully:
  Lt. taldrg

_AH_Deviant

S! I'll post my plan in a few minutes.

_AH_Deviant

Good mission guys!  :drinking-42:

_AH_taldrg

~S~ Dev. you made your plan and followed it with the right people in the right places. Well done.
I love my country..It's the government I'm afraid of.

_AH_Gonzo

Good stuff leading the last VMF-223 mission Dev.  :cool:

Well done to Taldrg also in leading A Flight in putting some hurt on the enemy ground troops.

"I wish I was who I was when I wanted to be what I am today" - Jimi Hendrix

_AH_Jack

I guess it's time for me to step up & volunteer to lead another VMF mission.  Please insert me into the rotation, BBQ.

_AH_Moggy

Subj: 13 September 1942 (2nd mission) Mission Briefing

The mission brief is available for download.  Go to the "View Downloads" section.

Moggy

_AH_BBQhead

S~. Thanks, Jack. will do. 

_AH_Moggy

Subj: 13 September 1942 (3rd mission) Mission Briefing

Moggy

_AH_BBQhead

S~ Got it, Moggy. thanks.

I believe Jack is Mission CO this week.  great job last time round, Jack..i thought you did a fine job administering Gonzo's tactical outline. and thanks for takin us in again.