VMF223 Campaign

Started by _AH_BBQhead, October 12, 2007, 01:17:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Moggy

Quote from: _AH_Deviant on November 21, 2007, 10:03:17 PM
Great work Ring! That plan went really well.

Who's leading next week, and can you, Moggy, add me to the command queue? And how many missions do we have left?

Dev:  Actually, I don't assign mission commanders;  I only build the missions.  BBQ has the final say re mission commanders.  The campaign has 6 combat missions remaining, plus a special "farewell" fly-in mission for photo-op purposes, where we'll form up in-air, then land at Henderson, in reverse kill total spacing (lowest kill total lands first).  Each pilot will then be welcomed down by all hands, and campaign awards will be handed out at that time.

Moggy

_AH_Moggy

Quote from: _AH_BBQhead on November 22, 2007, 03:55:50 AM
S~. Yep.. Well Done, Ring.. i like your air command style. Pretty good flying by all last night.   Rgaa is Mission CO for the next one.

S! BB:  Don't know whether you were aware of it (or whether Gonzo is now unavailable), but Gonzo had volunteered to lead mission # 22.

Moggy

_AH_BBQhead

S~ . NO, i had not heard that. Gonzo, are you available to lead mission 23 instead? 

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

_AH_Moggy

To: VMF-223
Subj: 27 September 1942 Mission Briefing

The mission brief is available for download.  Go to the "View Downloads" section.

All flight personnel are directed to download and review the brief!

Moggy

_AH_Gonzo

I thought I was leading next Tuesday's hop, lol. I'm cool with leading any mission really so leading hop 23 won't be a problem.

"I wish I was who I was when I wanted to be what I am today" - Jimi Hendrix

_AH_BBQhead

S~ Thanks, Gonz..  you're on for next week.. Rgaa has this week.

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

_AH_*PODS*_RGAA

VMF-223 Flight Plan
                          (mission 22)

SKATrash (Scout-F4F4_28) Assigment ( patrol A-B_9/10 at 8,000m) Report any contacts to CO. Attachment_D Flight once contact is made by your recon flight.

BBQhead (Scout-F4F4_30) Assigment (patrol A_6/7/8 at 5,000m) Report any
contacts to CO. Attachment B Flight once contact is made by your recon flight.

Jack  (F4F4_13 assignment: A Flight)

D Flight (F4F4_1-3,4-6) Patrol B-C_8/9 at 7,500m. Report and engage enemy on
contact.

A Flight (F4F4_7-9,10-12) Patrol B_6/7/8 ..... counter clockwise at 6,500m. Report and
engage enemy with B Flight. Cordinate attack.

B Flight (F4F4_16-18,19-21) Patrol B_6/7/8 ..... Clockwise at 6,000m. Report and engage enemy with A Flight. Cordinate attack.

C Flight (F4F4_22-24,25-27) Patrol  C_6/7/8 at 5,500m. Be ready to help A,B,D Flights as needed.

COMS:

A Channel- A,B Flights and BBQ
C Channel- C Flight
D Channel- D Flight and SKAT

Mission 22  CO.
Cpt. _AH_Rgaa

Fly'n is the second greatest thrill
known to man, Landing is the first!
  Major _AH_Rgaa
        A Flight
 www.aceshigh.ws

_AH_DarkWolf

Quote from the brief : "Instead of the usual 18 or so Zekes, now as many as 42 would be sent down with the Bettys"

*insert Homer scream here*

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Gonzo

Quote*insert Homer scream here*

DOH!

"I wish I was who I was when I wanted to be what I am today" - Jimi Hendrix

_AH_Deviant

You want to know why I left near the end of the game?

Well, the beginning of the mission occured uneventfully...

...Then this oddity happened:

_AH_Deviant

Well, I was thinking, oh damn I'm screwed :help-sos-sos-29402:, but after flying around a bit, I realised that I could still fly my aircraft, and more importantly, my mouse. So, after some time, I figured out how to navigate myself back with my flight...

[attachment deleted by admin]

_AH_Deviant

A little while later, my flight arrives in henderson to clean up the bombers. However, as I looked around, I came across Gonzo, lit up like a christmas tree trying to get people's attention to help take out the guy (cause Gonzo I assume was out of ammo). So, I decided to help. Not sure if it was heroism or stupidity, but I decided to accept the challenge. I carefully balanced my sight, combining it without any lock-on (it would center my screen, and make it impossible to see), or F6, I worked hard, and slipped in behind. After two passes, he caught fire! +1 Kill. (wavey)

_AH_Deviant

...And just as I celebrate my victory, the dreaded mission loading screen popped up, ending my mission. :unhappy-059:

_AH_Moggy

Good Lord, Dev.  You fly better with half your screen blocked out than I do with a ****ing 30" flat-panel. 

Moggy

_AH_Moggy

Well, I must repeat that I'm glad I have a track of mission # 22.  That's one I will never delete.  If Tom Tom can produce a "how it's done" training movie, all he has to do is follow DarkWolf's plane through mission # 22.  That indeed was one for the record books!

To tell the absolute truth, I wouldn't have believed it possible to score 12 kills in one mission -- even by DarkWolf!

I stand here literally awe-struck. 

SALUTE, DARKWOLF!

(I won't get mad in the future for your calling my Sturmoviks "ugly")