AAA mod

Started by _AH_DarkWolf, March 16, 2010, 10:19:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_DarkWolf

I put this in the "Squad Level Add On Comments" since it kind of is, we all have it since it came with UP.

The mod "00_ZloyPetrushkO_AAAmod_fast", seems like it might be good for us to use. The JSGME description is :

"This is a much more realistic "aa" behaviour.AAA can't see through the clouds-AAA can't see in the night without searchlights-AAA in the night starts shooting with a much smaller distance without searchlights.-AAA don't shoot in bad weather, if friends planes are near-AAA has new firing logic from ships
-AAA is now shooting up to 1 meter above the ground-AAA now you can "scare enemy AAA" (AAA don't shoot about 3-4mins.if you scare AAA humans will be run out."

English is clearly not his first language but alot of these changes sound good. We tried it a bit last night, I did see a bunch of dudes run from an AA gun I was strafing and it stoped firing.

I've not been able to find much more info about it though. One big question is if only the host needs to run it, or does everyone need to run it? I guess that could be tested but maybe one of our MOD-heads knows already?

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_taldrg

~S~ DW. Man I would love to see this mod being used 'cause the little rasquells wpuld run like the devil was after 'um when you shot up their nest.
I love my country..It's the government I'm afraid of.

_AH_BBQhead

S~. Yep.. i was there for the test run of this one. 

Didn't seem to cause any problems, and maybe Skat won't get hit so much by the friendly AA fire with it.

With the added hitting power the AA seems to have now, would be nice to have something to slow it down a little.. which from the description sounds like this does.

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

_AH_MOAB

_AH_Zipzag

Only the host needs to run this mod, I did not have it activated when DW ran it and it worked fine ~s~

_AH_BBQhead

S~.. One mission is not much of a test.  "it worked fine"...? 

1.) DW was the only one that was able to strafe and get the gunners to stop shooting.
   2,) No one saw any gunners run from their guns.
   3.) There were no clouds to speak of so we don't know if the guns will stop shooting at you if you don't have the mod active in your game folder.
   4.) There were no ships in the mission, so we don't know if the ship gunners' logic will change if you're the friendly plane near the ship and don't have the mod active in your folder.
  5.) It was not night time and there were no search lights so we don't know if the guns will need you to be closer to the guns and or in the search light if you do not have the mod active in your game folder.

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to

_AH_Zipzag

I saw them run ,  but sorry to get your knickers in a knot bud

_AH_Col._Hogan

Was that from real life experiance TD?

S!

_AH_Duff4r

We're not adding a permanent update with this?  If you're the host and want to run it then do it.  If not then don't do it.

FYI, this mod works and works very well.  More to come.

ZUTI 1.13 to be out SOON!
Duff

_AH_DarkWolf

Finally found the AAA thread about this mod, has some more info.

http://allaircraftarcade.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20113

I guess we have the "fast" online version where you can't adjust flak accuracy. He elaborates on scarring gunners :

"if you want to scare AAA you must fly accuratly on AAA.AAA must firing on you!.distance to AAA must be < 600-700m
Please, see demostration video to example of "scare AAA". my bad English doesnt allow me to write full decription(("

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_BBQhead

S~. No prob, Zip..

I'm just making a point out that  too often things are reported as "all good" before enough testing has been done, which causes more headaches than they're worth.