From |ZUTI| to Crash

Started by _AH_Duff4r, March 24, 2010, 04:43:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Duff4r

ZUTI,

A question sir?  I was asked a question by some of the guys in my squad.....If they build a map in say 1.11 will it work in the other ZUTI's and will it continue working on into the future.

It seems that we are fortunate to have some very intricate builders who, of course, don't want to waste their efforts and time as they're intent on producing long time squad usable maps.  Their production has halted as the wonder if the above is true or should they wait for a declared "stable" version.

|ZUTI|
Administrator
IL2 Addict

Re: ZUTI versions and Map Making
« Reply on: March 21, 2010, 12:13:38 PM »
Rest assured, the missions will work fine. Last changes were done for scout planes and overruning of home bases where I changed country selections and had to change these things. But in general, I try not to break the missions if they were done for older versions. Though old settings are not loaded, some defaults are, so that missions are working.

So, for v1.13, I would only ask your mission builders to check once more scouts and home base capturing options. And if they have some problems, you can always ask, no problems.

Cheers.

EndQuote

From the man himself!

Duff

Crash, if you read this I have a small present for you from ZUTI   :lol-029:

Contact me, I need your email addy, duff4r@cableone.net

_AH_Jack

S! Duff4r.  Might the folks at Zuti have a clue as to why the brief no longer displays in the games I'm creating?  I've even tried mission building in a fresh install, patched to 1.12 with the same results.  I can open the mission properties file in notepad & see it, but the game doesn't display it.  Jack

_AH_Duff4r

I'll check..

Jack, |ZUTI| is just a guy that flies and is a founding member of UltraPack.  A very class act IMHO trying to make a contribution.

S~
Duff

_AH_Duff4r

Jack, Try this:

wildcatmission.properties needs to become wildcatmission_ru.properties

or

brilliantmission.mis
briliantmission.properties - your mission, change the missions properties files to: brilliantmission_ru.properties and you will then get the briefings back in English.

Remember, the original has Russian roots and thus ONLY the Russian version is "moddable". From the early days a language fix was used to return the game from Cyrlic.

Jack,

Here is a utility that you can edit the properties file of a Coop so you can get your briefings to show up if missing.

It is simple to use and has a clean GUI ,it will edit the properties files and you can edit the Icons and other parameters of a mission from full real to what ever your liking.

This is a much better way to edit your Coop multiplayer briefings than the way IL-2 FMB does it.This utility will allow you to have a brief for everyone entering the mission,then once there aircraft is selected you can have a different brief for Red and a different brief for Blue, which makes for a better Coop than both sides reading the same brief.

The really unique thing about this program is that it fixes not being able to get briefs to show up in multiplayer Coops with the _ru.properties thing.

With this, you do not need to do anything or change any "_ru thing" on any file, just run the program and locate your property file from your Coop you made and do all your writing for briefs with this tool.There is no need to write anything in a description box while you are in the FMB.

Hope all this helps!  Here's the link to the tool: IL2 Properties Editor

S~ Sir,

Duff4r

Also, |ZUTI| and Boomer send regards.

_AH_Jack

Thanks, Duff4r.  Unfortunately, my game does not create a .properties file when I save a mission, _ru or otherwise.

_AH_Duff4r

Umm......Jack,

That would be the problem then.  I totally know NOTHING about map building nor do I want to, ain't my thang.

That said when I created the smallest mission possible I had no properties file.  I then went in and hit Edit, Descriptions and typed in a bunch of words, saved it, and waaaalaaah! I suddenly had a file called "mission test_ru.properties then I edited it again and again.  It saved and ran with the brief.

Ideas: I'm sure you know how to get the _ru.properties or .properties and you said you suddenly lost all "mission properties" i.e. briefs. The obvious is a corrupt game.  But I don't think so.  Have you gone to Windows 7?  Is that extension being hidden?

What happens when you go in and do an Edit, Description and save it?

Something way odd here??

S~
Duff