easy to do better natural light in game - good mod for monday.

Started by _AH_Autorotate, April 19, 2010, 03:32:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Autorotate

From: http://allaircraftarcade.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27326&sid=9830557cacfa0bf05a9f8784912186fb

This quick mod and utility gives more natural light and colors for your game. I'd post screen shots but because there is no way that I can catch temperature of light of 5500k, so only way to see it is in game, but this is all worth it. Download, install and set up takes 3 minutes.

First download this and put it in MODS folder. It's a simple eye-candy mod that darkens the landscape, more realistic.
Be careful not to make double folders when unpack (winrar tends to do that).

http://www.mediafire.com/?jzzmyhciytj

Then download and install this application "Powerstrip", I'm using it with Samsung LCD monitor, it looks great. Install and set up.
http://entechtaiwan.com/util/ps.shtm

When installed, right click on the system tray icon and make custom color profile with settings like these in images below. Then just play IL2, it will look like a whole new game, or almost a movie.
I think that the light temperature of 5500k gives it best immersion. Go with the values in the pictures below for the 3 colors to start, you can then adjust to your eyes liking. Just click and change.
simple as can be

_AH_Col._Hogan

_AH_Moby

If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

_AH_z5o

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.

_AH_Autorotate

how unlike me not even to notice that.
has to be lara.

btw, give this a try tonight. you'll all like how it looks.

_AH_Duff4r

Gents, proceed slowly here.....READ INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY!

You are only creating 1 profile here. When the initial screen comes up, push the red button as shown and add the settings as shown, then without saving, click the green button and add the settings, and finally without saving, click the Blue button and add the settings.  Once all 3 colors are set, click the Save As button and enter a name for the profile, i.e. IL2 as pictured.

Beware: This does not play nice with 00_H&P_Effects_Uranium_Edition

Beware: This does not play nice with any Mod using the LandLight.mat file <------- usually in some types of effects, Buffy's is OK!

Beware: Yes, I use VERY modded video drivers by SIDE. This little goodie did not play well with them.

Remember: I didn't say DON'T, I said read, backup, and be careful. I think this has a lot of good stuff. I may try this again with stock drivers.

OBTW: My failure to read as I installed Power Strip and set the profile cost me nearly 3 hours of recovery.

Of course, I've never been the brightest Crayon in the box and actually, at times, I'm an :idiot-0011:

_AH_Zipzag

This is a wonderful app Auto , Been running since you posted it .  I don't have any problems running it with any mod , Since it is system based .  TBH I use it more for the gamma option , and a little bit of tinge , mostly red and green .   I do have an easy time with setting each monitor , I could'nt do it so easy before , now it can do it on the fly 

I did put in and out mods to see how well it did like the H&P and lights , no problem , so it might be the drivers that Duff it having a problem with .  If I can find modded drivers for the ATI , I can give em a shot to see what happens .

~S~ Zip