Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific

Started by _AH_z5o, August 07, 2010, 04:57:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_z5o

~S~ Gang,
Ive probly asked about this before, Ill take notes this time. But, Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific,  its my understnding that there sort of a fallowing for it much like IL2.
Where can I get any add ons?
Where is the game played online?
Anyone here play it online and can you show me the ropes, so to speak?
~S~
Zulu
Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.

HA_50

DING! DING! DING! MAN YOUR BATTLE STATIONS!!! DIVE !! DIVE!! DIVE!!!!!.

HA77 and me play it.  V 1.4 is current   the online gameing is very hard to get to work you first need to enable your ubi account and you host thru a ubi style room. I have made a few test missions and also modified a couple exsisting missions to play online.

_AH_z5o

S! 50,
Kewl sound like this could be fun, slow, but, never the less fun. Well have to kick it around alittle. Im not quit sure what version of the game I have.
Ill need to reinstall,,,again. But ya I'd love to play it online. Its a good game. Under water chess. Oh, Id like to chat with you about your scope if you still
have it.

_AH_DarkWolf

I play it, but not online. Latest version is v1.5 if you have the U-boat add-on.

If you go to http://www.subsim.com you can find all kinds of mods on their forums. There are two big "mega mods" out there, one called Trigger Maru Overhauled and one called Real Fleet Boat. From what I understand, RFB is very hardcore, where as TMO is more like an improved version of the original game. I run the latest version of Trigger Maru Overhauled myself, it's quite good. I also like to use the Real Environment mod with it, makes the game look great. The environment mod required some tweaking of the fog levels to match TMO, but thats ok. Modding S4 uses the same JSGME that we use for IL-2.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

HA_50

yeah U-boats we dont have that since we did not want to kill allies :CC

_AH_DarkWolf

Neither do I, but 1.5 added some bug fixes you can't get with 1.4. Kinda ticked me off at the time, you gotta buy an unwanted add-on to the get the fixes for the original game.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_z5o

~S~
Neat DW, Ill have to hock up with ya and get your's and 50's help getting me up to date. Ive got a few things, add ons. Mostly mission add ons, stuff like that.
But, I love te game. Just got sick of playing what I have. Ive always wanted to play it online, I think Ive been through WWII 3 times now. Got prity good at it.
S!
Zulu

_AH_Autorotate

HA_50

Looked up the trigger maru and u-boat things  it costs money to get them. so at this point i may not get them. unless it adds a bunch of things i dont allready have :happy-112:

_AH_Duff4r

HA_50

yes TMO is free... But you still have too have and pay for the U-boat addon to get to V1.50. Which is required to install the TMO..  thus the arm twisting to myself begins buy more game stuff or beer.

:give-me-beer-0034: