Euro Campaign - Revisited?

Started by _AH_DarkWolf, August 09, 2010, 08:12:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_DarkWolf

Last night Johnny was asking about putting the Euro Campaign up for download, I started working on getting it organized and zipped up and I remembered an idea I had a year ago. If you look at the scoreboard, we failed to complete our objectives in 7 of the 30 missions. I was thinking we could take those 7 missions and do a kind of mini campaign, another shot at completing them successfully. With the current SEOW scenario done, this could be something to fill the gap until the next. I have'nt talked to the other guys who were involved but it should be something we could put together in a short ammount of time.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Jack

_AH_Gonzo

I like... It might be an idea for the Flights to some work ups on:

Joining up,
Team tactics,
Attack patterns,
etc...

"I wish I was who I was when I wanted to be what I am today" - Jimi Hendrix

_AH_DarkWolf

When we ran the Euro Campaign we did'nt do it by AH flights, the flight compositions were random. If you had participated in X # of missions you were slotted in to a flight ahead of time and all else were considered spares. With just 7 missions that would'nt really work...I'd have to take a look at the missions and see if they would work easily with AH flights.

EDIT : Looking at the briefs it should be doable to run them using AH flights. For #17 we might need to cherry pick the level bombers of the squad and put them in one group and for #20 I'm sure we can figure something out.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Stiffy

didnt a level bomber mission lag out so bad we didnt fly it?
my memory is terrible so I may be mixing it up with something totally different

_AH_Johnny

DW
I have a bunch, if not all, of the briefs with maps and pictures etc. I will send them if need be.
S`

...if it's just for fun, why do they keep points?

_AH_DarkWolf

I have all the briefs and ATC maps for every mission, so no problem there. I think you're thinking of mission 27, Stiffy. That mission had level bombing and lag and crash problems. We never could figure out why.

DW

P.S. - Who the hell is Stiffy?!

_AH_taldrg

I love my country..It's the government I'm afraid of.

_AH_Gonzo

Good point DW.

It might be worth the Flight demonstrating to their respective Flights on how to best join up after take off and how to attack ground targets as a team/group.

"I wish I was who I was when I wanted to be what I am today" - Jimi Hendrix

_AH_z5o

~S~
Most be before my time, but, its sounding good. but, you know me, Ill fly a rock in a wind storm if someone will host. I just love this stuff.
Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.

_AH_Stiffy

DW..........that really hurt

GO WINGS! ! ! ! ! ! !