ATI vs IL2, blocky bushes and rainbows

Started by _AH_z5o, August 09, 2010, 07:28:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_z5o

~S~ Gang, Ive been working on a problem Ive been having now for weeks.
Blocky bushes, which isnt all that big of a problem, morelike a symptom of bad things to come. Has ANYONE found whats cousing this and how to fix it.
Rainbows, I keep seeing rainbow colared bloches during the game, in the water, clouds, and on land. Im not sure where that is coming from. Its seems to be getting wors.
Frame Rate, the last two days Ive noticed my frame rates are getting lower and lower. Ive had alot of trouble out of this. Its really starting to hurt my game, what little I have.
Ok heres the meat and spuds.
Ive got an ATI Radeon X1300Pro 256MB card, its not PCI nor AGP and its NOT onboard. Im not sure what type of socket this is.
Ive just updated the drivers from Dells support page for my system(XPS410) to the newest Driver Version 8.383.0  Dated 6/13/2007
Ive turned my CCC settings all the way down, but, still I see blocky bushes,hmmmmm
Last night I could hardly even fly, like I could to start with. My frame rates were a mess, flicker flicker flicker. AND something quite new.
You remember the old Star Trek veiw screen. How it had these lights that went back and forth accoss the bottum of the screen..Well Ive got something like that now. Except it on both the bottum
AND the top. Strange.
My question is, What next?
Now I must warn you, Im as simple as a box of rocks, so, please try to remember your talking to a hillbilly and not talk over my head.
Thanks
Z
~S~
Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.

HA_50

its pci express slot,

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Legacy/Pages/radeonaiw_xp.aspx?type=2.4.1&product=2.4.1.3.7&lang=us&rev=10.2&ostype=Windows XP - Professional/Home

that is the latest driver you need both of those files. and before you install a ATI driver you MUST uninstall the current driver. if you look in the add remove programs menu you should find a app that says ati removal tool. if you do use it. if you dont just start removing the ati stuff. and when you remove it all and reboot yer pc will want to reinstall it CLIK the cancel button!!!!  when your done you should be left with the 700/700 desktop and only be able to see like 2 icons. That means you did it correctly!!! then install the new downloads in the order they are to be installed. then go in and reset all your 3d and other stuff and try flying.

_AH_z5o

~S~ 50
Yup your correct, I do have 4 types of PCI slots
1 PCI Express x1
1 PCI Express x16
1 PCI Express x4
3 PCI

Im currently running my ATI on the PCI Express x16 slot
I running some updates from Dell and going to see how they work out online. I did notice that I still have the blocky bushes off line, so,,,,,,Ill be online early tonight working on it if anyone wants to fly alittle.
~S~
Zulu

UPDATE:
Oh, just tryed to run the CCC after installing Dells new driver for my ATI 1300Pro, Now, I cant get any of the CCC software to run. Doesnt give a warning, just want start up. Just like it did before I updated last time.HMMMM
Still have blockie bushes. I dont get it. I never had this problem before. This game, I tell ya. If it didnt ROCK!! like it does. I'd probly would have moved on by now.

HA_50

i never said get a dell driver the catalyst control center will not run with an after market driver... you need the one I linked to you. now go do what i told you too do.....

_AH_Jack

There was a fix for blocky bushes that I remember Moby posting a message about.   Try opening your main game folder, then the files folder, then maps, then Tex, then trees  (Main game folder\Files\maps\_Tex\Trees.   Rename the AlteredBush9A with a minus sign in front...  (-AlteredBush9A).  See if that helps.  There was a post at AAA about it.  I lost the thread, but found the file in my own game.

_AH_z5o