Helicopter tests: Postponed until August 30th

Started by _AH_Boosher, August 15, 2010, 07:36:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Boosher

That's right folks, the Sikorsky H-19 has made it into the game in the development stages. If anyone would like to do so, I propose a mod test night with this new-fangled vertical flying machine for next coming Monday, August 30th. What say you?

Link is here at SAS. Installs like any normal new airplane and works fine in UP 2.01. Possible to fly it without the "DiffFM" option in JSGME, but a whole new experience when enabled.

_AH_z5o

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.

_AH_Autorotate

helicopters <3  :happy-112: :happy-112: :happy-112:

_AH_Gonzo

Does it fly like a helo though (Collective & Cyclic), or does it fly like the tail sitting, jump jet thingy Lerche already in the game?

"I wish I was who I was when I wanted to be what I am today" - Jimi Hendrix

_AH_Boosher

Flies like a Helo, not the Lerche so much. Only thing that's different is that it auto stabilizes itself. Sometimes if you push it too much it can get wobbly, but for the most part it's a blast. Worth a try, at least.

_AH_Autorotate

i put that auto stab thing it but it still wobbled like hell as you lift off (not like a real wobble caused by poor piloting, more of a buggy violent back and forth really fast glitchy wobble), but as soon as you pass about 30knts forward speed it smooths out and goes great, throttle acts as a collective, and your sticks the cyclic. i like the fact you can disengage the clutch by bringing the throttle under 10%. i cant imagine the performance or how this thing actually flew but for the game its still done pretty well in my opinion. i un-installed it though because i was having trouble with my game after i put it in, but i don't think it was actually the problem so i might put it back in if we're going to actually use it.

_AH_Boosher

_AH_Autorotate

you can see the wobble im talking about in that video just as he lifts off before gaining forward airspeed, but the wobble i get in at least 20 fold worse... maybe my stabilize thingy is not working properly.

_AH_Boosher

This bump is just to confirm that I would like to run the test this coming Monday, August 30th. I have the mission file all set up and ready to go but will need someone to host. Also, please make sure to download the most current version of the HRS-3. Current version as of 8/29/2010 is 1.05, BUT WE WILL NOT BE USING THAT VERSION.

We will be using version 1.04, which does not necessitate a change of button files, only the use of DiffFM. If you do not have 1.04 I can send it to you.

EDIT: Latest test for the H-19D, the attack chopper that will be released with the final version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYmhP8dnuGg&feature=player_embedded#!

_AH_Boosher

_AH_BBQhead

S~. In step one of this troubleshooting guide, it talks about updated buttons files.

Since the flight models in the game are dependent on the buttons file, any updating of buttons files should be done in a separate game folder than the one you use to fly with AH. 

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

_AH_Boosher

Good idea BB.

_AH_Boosher

Just a bump to remind that we're scheduled for tonight. Remember that the version we're testing is 1.04, NOT 1.05 (because 1.05 requires modifications to buttons files). If you do not have 1.04 and would like it for tonight, please PM or e-mail me and I can send it to you along with the relevant text for the air.ini.