Min Sys Req

Started by AcesHigh, November 06, 2010, 08:23:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AcesHigh

S! All, I have low end PC, and cant really run any mod packs without a long load time, whats thw Sqs stance on that for a recruit?

_AH_Col._Hogan

_AH_z5o

S! Aces,
As far as I know, AH doesnt really have a mem. system requirement. But, I could be wrong. I seem to be alot lately.
Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.

_AH_Col._Hogan

What are the specs Ace?

Foxbat

S~

Slow loading is common with this version and the mods. Question is, how well does your game run while flying?

We have quite a few guys who are running older systems, and they seem to do pretty well.
There are some things you can turn down and adjust that will help a lot.

AcesHigh

AMD 2 GHz ,512 Ram, NiV-4 128

But I may as well wait to see what 4.10 does to load time and if they adapt mods to that ect ect

Get 50 FPS as it is now, coops or open servers so performance is ok:)

_AH_Jack

When running UP 201, the first load of the game after a boot up takes a while, but subsequent loads are much quicker. 

_AH_Col._Hogan

Quickest way to improve things is up that ram. I don't think anyone here is running less that 2 gigs.

S!

_AH_Prop

Quote from: _AH_Col._Hogan on November 07, 2010, 02:50:20 PM
Quickest way to improve things is up that ram. I don't think anyone here is running less that 2 gigs.

S!

Agreed, RAM is the cheapest, easiest form of upgrading you could do. You can get 2gigs of DDR2 at newegg for 45 bucks.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820134046

_AH_Zipzag

We've got a few nifty guys here who can help you out programing wise ya know, speed up that rig of your's with out any upgrades. maybe that computer is faster than you think . We know a trick or two that can help you out . Best thing for you to do is come on comm's and chat up with our more experienced members. Ive even got a few spare parts here if it'll help you out. But first we need to know what your rig has in it .  Well have that flat fixed before you can say Bonsai !  ~S~Zip

Ventrilo  aceshigh.zebvoice.com port 4010   no password

AcesHigh

Tks for the link, yep Ram is the issue loading wise.

Tks Zipzag,I ll look yas up sometime, kinda waiting on cash to upgrade ATM,

_AH_Col._Hogan

Sell some of the wifes purses.