ACES HIGH MDS

Started by _AH_Twenty, November 25, 2010, 03:59:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Twenty

~S~ All
The Moving Dogfight Server is up and running and can be found on the Hyperlobby as Aces_High_MDS.

The server is controlled by a program called FBDj which allows users to control the server. There are two types of commands "user" and "Admin". Everyone has the ability to use the "user" commands and only players having with Admin authorty will be able to use the Admin commands. Having Admin authorty will be  helpfull as it will allow you to restart a mission or load a specific mission when you want to. If anyone wants Admin authroity just send me a PM with the password you want and I will add you.

The server also has statistics which can be found at http://mdsstats.no-ip.biz/stats.

The following is what I copied form the FBDj manual which explains the commands and the statistics award and ranking system.

Chat Commands

FBDj listens to the chat messages that are sent within the game. Chat messages that start with a "<" are considered user chat commands while Chat messages that start with a "!" are considered Admin chat commands. To help keep chat to a minimum it is best to submit these chat commands to 'Server' to cut down on chat traffic to everyone. Sending a Chat command to MY ARMY will not produce any response while sending it to ALL will work, but will also broadcast the chat to all players (Not good if your changing your password).
Here is a list of the currently available commands:

User Commands

· <Objective<Red – This will return the remaining targets left for the Red team to win the mission as well as the remaining red plane/pilot count.
· <Objective<Blue – This will return the remaining targets left for the Blue Team to win the mission as well as the remaining blue plane/pilot count.
· <planes – This will show the remaining available plane counts for planes that are restricted in the requestors army
· <loadoutrestriction<red – This will return all the plane/loadout restrictions for the Red team.
· <loadoutrestriction<blue – This will return all the plane/loadout restrictions for the Blue team.
· <TimeLeft – This will show the remaining time left to play in the current mission
· <NextMap – This will show the next mission in the mission cycle
· <gunstat – This will show the users stats since logging in. Stats shown are EAD(Enemy Aircraft Destroyed), GUD(Ground Units Destroyed), Fired(Bullets Fired), Hit( Bullet Hit % on Ground), Hit-A(Bullet Hit % in Air)

Admin Commands

· !Login password – Allows the user to login as an administrator. The user will have to be in the Admin list as well as have a valid password.
· !mission_Timeleft xxx which would reset the missions timeleft to the value indicated by xxx in minutes.
· !Kick playername - which will disconnect or kick a player from the game.
· !Ban_add playername:duration - Adds the player to the ban list for the duration given (0=permanent ban) and then disconnect the player from the game.
· !ban_remove playername-Removes the player from the ban list.
· !Player_list – Which will list all players in the game with their Channel (Socket) number and IP address.
· !mission_restart – Will restart the currently running mission.
· !load_mission xxx – Will load the mission given by the xxx. (Note: FBDj will look for missions loaded from the chat bar in a subdirectory "FBDj" under the IL2 Missions directory.)
· !console xxx – Send a IL2 console command directly to the server.
· !password_change xxx – Allows an administrator to change their password.
· !markings_warning playername – Sends a message to the player to change their markings and use the 'Default' skin. Message is sent 3 times or until the player hits 'refly'
· !markings_warning_kick playername – Sends a message to the player to change their markings or be kicked. Message is sent 3 times then the player is kicked, or the player hits 'refly'.

Note: the Kick, Ban Add, and markings commands allows you to substitute the socket number for the playername. This is handy if there are imbedded spaces or special characters within the name. Use the Player_list command to get the socket numbers.

Some commands have a shortcut to cut down on typing while flying (Always a bad combination!) They Are:

Mission_Timeleft (mtl)
Ban_Add (ba)
Ban_Remove (br)
Player_List (pl)
TimeLeft (tl)
Gunstat(gs)
Markings_warning (mw)
Markings_warning_kick (mwk)
<obj<red or <obj<blue (Objectives)
<load<red or <load<blue (Loadout Restrictions)

Statistics (http://mdsstats.no-ip.biz/stats)

Awards & Rank System
FBDj has been updated to promote virtual pilots through the ranks and to award Medals & awards based on accomplishments. The rank insignia and medals have been tailored to match those of the representative Air forces in use during the time period. I have tried to make as accurate representations of the rank insignia and Medals as I can for each Country, but some have been duplicated. As more resources become available the medals & Rank insignia may be updated.
The Rank and Awards pictures will based on the Air force a pilot spent the most of his/her time flying for. (i.e. If you log 15hrs in a Bf109 and 11hrs in a Spitfire then you will be assigned to the Luftwaffe).

There are 7 Rank levels going from Pilot Officer to General Major. A pilot will be promoted based on the number of sorties and hours logged. Everyone Starts out at rank level 1 (Pilot Officer). The time and sortie count that is the basis for promotion can be adjusted, but will start out as such:
Level 1 – 0 hrs, 0 sorties
Level 2 – 3 hrs, 10 sorties
Level 3 – 10 hrs, 25 sorties
Level 4 – 20 hrs, 50 sorties
Level 5 – 35 hrs, 75 sorties
Level 6 – 50 hrs, 100 sorties
Level 7 – 75 hrs, 150 sorties

Awards are given out for both Bomber & Fighter Pilots. Each Sortie is tagged as either a Fighter sortie or Bomber sortie. What distinguishes between each is what plane/loadout combination you take. If you take a plane with any ordinance (Bombs, rockets, etc) it is considered a Bomber Sortie. Fighter sorties are those where you only take Drop tanks, extra ammo, gunpods, etc) Each plane/loadout combination available in the game is assigned as either a Fighter, Bomber, or Recon sortie type. For Stats purposes any recon sortie type will be combined with the Bomber Sortie types. Recon Sorties are those that use a plane loadout of empty, or a dedicated bomber type plane with default ordinance (B17 or B24 for example)

Fighters will be awarded a "Star" award for each of the 7 levels. Only Confirmed kills count toward the award level:
Level 1 – 5 Kills
Level 2 – 10 Kills
Level 3 – 25 Kills
Level 4 – 50 Kills
Level 5 – 100 Kills
Level 6 – 150 Kills
Level 7 – 200  Kills

Bombers will be awarded a "Bomb" award for each of the 7 Bomber Levels. Ground objects destroyed count toward the award level:
Level 1 - 20 Ground Kills
Level 2 - 75 Ground Kills
Level 3 - 200 Ground Kills
Level 4 - 500 Ground Kills
Level 5 - 900 Ground Kills
Level 6 - 1500 Ground Kills
Level 7 - 2000  Ground Kills

Pilots will receive a Medal corresponding to the highest Award level (Fighter or Bomber) they have achieved. So a Pilot with a Bomber award level 4 and a Fighter award level 2 will receive a Medal for level 4.
Computation of a players statistics will be accomplished whenever someone views their details, or their squadrons details in the stats system. Player statistics will also be accomplished every evening.

If anyone has a mission to add to the server or ideas to make this better please let me know.

Twenty

_AH_Zipzag

I recommend this be made a sticky

~S~ Zip

_AH_Duff4r

All

Here is the Latest and Greatest from Master |ZUTI| version 1.2

http://www.mediafire.com/?xtfryc1ujktfyu2

Here's what's new: http://www.mediafire.com/?5ojutru9kbcjdl2

S~
Duff

_AH_Boosher

Sweet! Going in! :drinking-43:

_AH_Col._Hogan

_AH_taldrg

~S~    What the .........is all that I just read??? I think I will just go with something I understand like...Free Cell.
I love my country..It's the government I'm afraid of.

_AH_Archie

Had a chance to fly this morning.  Great job on putting it together!!

The only thing i would suggest is a plane type limit or in the brief state what year planes the AI are flying.

Well done and i am going back in now

Arch

Watch your 6, Own your 12, Hug an 11, Kiss a 29.

_AH_BBQhead

S~. Thanks, Twenty.     I'm probably going to delete this topic from the Campaign Board in a couple days.... my thinking is some one, sooner or later, that is not AH will start using the info here to try and disrupt play in the server... So I put it in the Pilot's Lounge as it is AH access only.

I've set up a separate Topic in the Pilot's Lounge and copied your post into it. Stickied and Locked it so we'll have a place that's easy to get to for quick reference of the commands and Info.

Also set up a topic with the same post and left it open for Questions and Answers, Comments, and Suggestions.

And  I  Also took a look at the New Verion of Zuti that Duff4r posted about.

There are three improvements ( amongst many more) that I think we're going to like once it's incorporated into the UP update.

1. If you drop your bombs and die before they hit, the bombs will still do damage.. no points cuz your dead.. but they'll still do damage.

2. You'll be able to have gunners in planes with gunner seats in DF rooms..

3.. Plane limits has added a new feature... in addition to limiting how many total planes of a type is available,  you will be able to limit how many planes of a particular type can be in the air at a time. 

We've tried to to this in ad hoc fashion before and it's been difficult.. We've tried saying for instance... red can only have two LA's in the air at a time...and at some point or another, there would be three or four flying... because guys join late and, aren't aware of the rule..so it turned out that kind of rule would  just jubd of cause confusion in general which made us go away from that kind of plane set and rule..   

But now, the game can keep track of and limit how many of a particular plane type are in the air at the same time, without limiting the total number available for the entire mission..   

Seems like that might add a new dimension to  figuring out and fine tuning  plane sets that the mission builders might like.

There are some other interesting changes, too.. But those three seemed like things we've talked about before as things we'd like to see.

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

_AH_Boosher

I seem to be having issues with one of the missions. I believe it's the El Alamein map. For some reason whenever that map is set in the rotation and comes up, the mission loads to 100% and then crashes my game. I've tried booting up VKG El Alamein and it works in the FMB. Anyone else have this issue? Using the updater didn't solve the problem.

EDIT: The issue was one of my eye candy mods. Not sure as to why, but now that it's disabled I can join.

_AH_Twenty

~S~ All

The MDS server allows voting to change the mission.

To initiate a vote:

open the chat box in game   

enter "<vote yes"

Then send it to "all"

This will then send out a chat to all players that a vote has been initiated to change the mission.   

Then the Players vote:

open the chat box in game   

enter "<vote yes" or "<vote No"

Then send it to "all"

If 60% or more of the players vote Yes to change the mission then the mission will change to the next mission.

There is a timer on the vote of 4 minutes for the vote to count.

Twenty

_AH_Boosher

S! Twenty. Been trying to catch you on comms to go over putting a new map in the rotation. It still needs a look-over and some touch-ups but I'd say it's 80% ready.

_AH_Twenty

~S~ Boosher,

Sounds great! I will be on tonight for BOB.

_AH_Twenty

~S~ All

I would like to test something new to the MDS, an easy way to change missions.
I have added the current missions in the mission cycle with shorter names, see below:

Current Mission Name         New Name
   01-A-Pac                            1
   02-A-Norm                         2
   03-A-ELAL                          3
   04-A-Pearl                          4

If you want to run a specific mission in the MDS all you have to do is:

1. open the chat box.
   2. Type " !load_mission X    X= mission name (1,2,3 or 4)
   3. Send to the server.

Example:    !load_mission 4    will load the Pearl mission.

Only admins have the ability to change missions, If you would like admin authority just let me know.
If this works well I will add the other missions to the list.

Twenty

HA_50

:bomb-034: Can you still vote the map change with no admin registration?

_AH_Twenty

~S~ all

The MDF Server will be down from 4/27 to 5/3 while I am on vacation.

Twenty