Making maps. please help :D

Started by _AH_Killerbanjo, December 26, 2010, 02:13:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Killerbanjo

Well i fiquared out how to make a simple map, add waypoints, objectives ect. But, i want to know if you can muli select planes and do multi waypoints as i dont want to make 10ns of diffrent all with slightly diffrent waypoints. Can you make them as a squad? Cheers, Ed.
Bollocks is a word of Anglo-Saxon origin, meaning "testicles". The word is often used figuratively in British English, as a noun to mean "nonsense", an expletive following a minor accident or misfortune, or an adjective to mean "poor quality" or "useless".

_AH_BBQhead

S~.. There are some shortcuts, but to try and explain it in text would be cumbersome.

I'm guessing there are several of us that can help you, but are waiting until they can speak to  you rather than trying to type it all out.

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

_AH_Killerbanjo

Righto, should be on at about 12-01 oclock GMT so see you then  :happy-112:
Bollocks is a word of Anglo-Saxon origin, meaning "testicles". The word is often used figuratively in British English, as a noun to mean "nonsense", an expletive following a minor accident or misfortune, or an adjective to mean "poor quality" or "useless".

_AH_Boosher

From Boomer at SAS on FMB+

Here's some tricks though for the FMB+

You can hold down Alt, left click and drag to select and Alt, right click and drag to UNselect.
You need to check "enable select" under Edit to be able to do this.

Check rotate in the Edit drop down box before trying to rotate objects as a group.

When using Alt,left click and dragging the mouse to select you will see no noticeable difference visibly when selecting the group of objects.In Unlocked FMB when groups are selected the grouped objects turn red when selected where as in FMB+ there is no visual indication that the group has been selected.

Alt.left click then drag mouse to select and then just grab one of the selected objects in the group and drag that group of objects to where you want on the map.while doing this if roatate is checkmarked you can then use the number pad key's to rotate the group like rotating single objects.Make sure you check rotate under the Edit drop down box and just before rotating the group as a group,click on the map to unselect the single object you used to drag the group,and then rotate the group with the numpad keys.

Alt.right click and drag to un-select the object group.

The snap function works for snapping objects into a line,good for doing long lines of telephone pole or light standards.

These shortcuts are needed to be added to the config.ini for Unlocked,
although I can't remember if they actually work in the FMB+ or not

In the Config under the [Hotkey Builder] header
add to the bottom of the list there>
Ctrl C=copy
Ctrl X=cut
Ctrl V=paste

_AH_Killerbanjo

_AH_Boosher

No problem.

Note that you have to enable FMB+ in order for these commands to work.