325th FG "Checkertail" Skin Requests

Started by _AH_DarkWolf, March 28, 2011, 10:43:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_DarkWolf

S! chaps. If you had'nt heard, Jack is prepping a new campaign that he's looking to embark upon on April 5th, next tuesday. It will be a P-40E\M campaign based on the exploits of the 325th Fighter Group in the MTO. During the summer of 1943 the 325th began to use a black and yellow checker pattern on their tails and adopted the Checkertail Clan nickname. I've done a skin for this group before so I thought it would be cool to put together a squadron skin pack for the campaign.

So this is a thread for putting in your order, as it were. There are a few options for camo and markings which I'll outline below. The 325th used numbers to identify aircraft, I think what we'll do it assign blocks of numbers to each flight and the pilots can pick from those. For noseart, if you can send me a link to an image or e-mail it to me through the website that would be ideal. If you just want a name or slogan or something I can do that too. The more specific you are, the easier it will be. Two constants in the schemes will be the black and yellow checkers and the red spinner. The options are as follows :

Basic paint scheme - Most 325th FG aircraft had a two tone desert camo over light blue but some were the more standard USAAF olive drab over neutral grey.

Insignia - Alot of profiles I've seen show aircraft wearing the basic early war blue circle and white star. Though quite a few also sport the yellow surround to the upper insignia that was applied around the time of Operation Torch and seemed to linger throughout 1943.

Wheel Hubs - These seemed to vary from aircraft to aircraft. Some had the light blue or neutral grey of the camo, some were dark brown and many had red. Unfortunately the same texture is duplicated on both sides of the main wheels and the tailwheel. So red looks a little goofy in game but.....it's an option.

Numbers - The numbers available to each flight are as follows, first come first serve. They are done in a white stencil on the sides of the fuselage.

HQ Flight - 0 to 9
        A  Flight - 10 to 19
        B Flight - 20 to 29
        C Flight - 30 to 39
        D Flight - 40 to 49

Noseart - The P-40E/M is nice because it has a big broad nose, a perfect canvas for noseart. As I said above, send me a link to the image or e-mail one to me. I also have a shark mouth if you like that sort of thing. Again being specific as far as say, color of any text, style of font ie cartoony, blocky, cursive or what have will speed things along.

That's pretty much it. If you guys could respond in this thread that would be good so people can see what numbers their flight members have already taken. I'll get these made up and package them all up into one big zip and make it available probobly at the end of this weekend.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Jack

I'd like to have number 0, if possible...if not, then #3.  I'll send you a copy of my 'All Jacked Up' noseart.  I kinda like the Olive drab over grey.  Thanks for all your work, DW.

_AH_Autorotate

recolor jacks checkertail like the nose on his P-47 that would look dashing!  :drinking-43: :drinking-43:

_AH_Archie

Desert camo over light blue, #11 and as far as noseart i will leave that up to your "creative" mind

Thanks DW!!

Arch

Watch your 6, Own your 12, Hug an 11, Kiss a 29.

_AH_Lippy

Camo over light blue
red wheels matching the spinner
Star with the yellow outer circle matching the yellow in the tail if you please
Lt_AH_Lippy on the cockpit
here is a link to the nose art I would like Nose art is label Lippy dragon. (if you could come up with a slogan under the dragon I be in ur debt)
https://cid-7cd999872472e6dc.office.live.com/browse.aspx/.Documents/Lippy%5E4s%20Skins?uc=3  TY Sir ~S~ Mark

You should already have the nose art DW I hope this comes threw.

_AH_Doc

you know the drill... :give-me-beer-0034:

_AH_Olds

DW, the two-tone desert camo over blue works for me, with 30 for the number. Would like to have the shark mouth, with AH Olds on the side, and light blue wheels. Thanks for all your work.

S!

Olds
"My choice early in life was either to be a piano-player in a whorehouse or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference". - Harry S. Truman

_AH_Twisted

~S~ DW
Two tone camo with just the #35 on the side. Not sure what font you're using so I'll let ya put it on.

Standard silver wheel cover is fine.
Thank you sir!

~S~

ADDED: Yellow ring roundel pls

_AH_Gonzo

DW, thanks for the offer! Can I please have mine as follows...

Scheme: Two tone brown w/ the neutral grey belly.
Roundel: w/ Operation Torch Yellow ring.
Spinner: Same yellow as tail (If able. If not, don't worry about it).
Side Number: 13
Wheel Hubs: Same yellow as tail

Thanks again for the offer DW!

"I wish I was who I was when I wanted to be what I am today" - Jimi Hendrix

_AH_Boosher

Looking good DW, thanks!

Put me down for number 32!
Two-tone Brown scheme over neutral grey
neutral grey wheels
Regular blue & star roundel (no yellow outer ring)
Keep the red spinner.

I've got a high-res nose art that I use on all personal planes.

EDIT: I'll PM you with it. I remembered that if it's not put in the right layer it won't show up underneath the panel lines.

_AH_Col._Hogan

Scheme: Two tone brown w/ the neutral grey belly.
Spinner: Same yellow as tail (If able. If not, don't worry about it).
Side Number: 5
Wheel Hubs: neutral grey
Font: Stencil
Some kill flags

Love You!

_AH_BBQhead

S~

Scheme: Two tone desert camo w/ the  blue belly.
Spinner: Same yellow as tail (If able. If not, just forget the whole thing  (tongue)).
Side Number: 10
Wheel Hubs: Light Blue

I"ll send you the nose art.

Thanks.

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

_AH_Turbo

~S~ DW   Desert camo over light blue, #28 and as far as noseart My cat would look good

Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil and your a thousand miles from the corn field. -Dwight D. Eisenhower

_AH_Col._Hogan

_AH_Zipzag

Ill take any skin you want to give me for the campaign . Thanks DW

~S~