AH Euro '08 Campaign

Started by _AH_Moggy, January 31, 2008, 01:13:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Rumely

Have them installed are we going to have a test night for the ATC, I'm suer it is working correctly. May eliminate time delays for the mission setup

_AH_DarkWolf

I just re-checked it, and the recon  photo looks right to me TD. At the bottom of the recon photo it reads 152 degrees, which is the heading of the a/c that took the picture. So "up" on the image is roughly 152. The recon photo is looking at it almost upsidedown from what you'd see in the full mission builder.

Rumely, we had an ATC test before the first mission. So as long as you're putting these image files in the same directory as the first ones, there should'nt be any probs. I'm sure we'll have the ATC prog going early on mission night to help anyone who was'nt there for the first brief.

Would'nt it be cool if we had a program like this that would auto-download the images like skins?

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_taldrg

~S~ DW.  My bad. I thought the recon photo was for CAEN airport(they look the same)but I see it was for CAPPIQET. I should stay in my own cockpit,
I love my country..It's the government I'm afraid of.

_AH_DarkWolf

Following the quite frankly, disgracefull conduct of certain members of AH following the first Euro Campaign mission (you know who you are) I am forced to make the following declaration : You are NOT, under ANY circumstances to taxi your aircraft to the local pub after landing. The base commander has received numerous complaints from the local town council. You are hereby directed to take a jeep, or load up into a deuce and a half on any future venture into the village. I mean, there are plenty of bicycles around too, would it KILL ya to get some excercise? C'mon.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Gonzo

LMAO at the pic!

Great stuff as always DW!

"I wish I was who I was when I wanted to be what I am today" - Jimi Hendrix

_AH_Col._Hogan

_AH_Moggy

Sure is!  That needs to go into our "recruitment package" page somehow.  :happy-112:

_AH_Jack

LMAO!  The more I look at it, the more it makes me laugh!

_AH_Ring

ok gents EURO 3a  brief package ia available on the downloads section of the site.....S! all  Ring :surprised-027:

_AH_DarkWolf

I almost forgot, Mission Commanders for Mission #3 will go as follows :

Mission Commander : Gonzo
Backup Mission Commander : Olds
Backup Backup Mission Commander : Moggy

Now Gonzo is a busy guy and has not made the first 2 euro missions, so be sure to be prepared to lead if called upon Olds. For this reason I've selected a backup backup again.

The mission calls for level bombing, so we'll need you level bombing skilled guys to be ready to lead bomber flights. Might help to practice level bombing in the A-20C.

Just to explain how we're working the MC selection, I'm just giving all the volunteers a number and throwing a couple dice to make the selection. If I select the mission builder, I discount that throw. Also, as guys lead missions, their selections are discounted as well. This ensures that everyone gets a chance to lead. For example TBull lead last mission, so he will not be chosen again until the other 8 guys get their crack. This counts only for the guys who actually show up and lead the mission. If you miss the mission you were supposed to lead, your name stays in the hat. Finally, if you lead a mission you won't be selected as a backup the next week.

DW

_AH_Gonzo

Noted DW. My appologies for missing missions 1 and 2. Hopefuly with a ton of luck my current detail will end on Sunday night and I'll have the better part of a week off. Maybe.

_AH_Col._Hogan

Just curious, why the change to the MKIXc?

.......S!

_AH_taldrg

~S~ Check this out for a good tutiorl on LVL. Bombing. The PDF  Ver. - 1.2 MB is great.
http://www.battle-fields.com/commscentre/showthread.php?t=13300
I love my country..It's the government I'm afraid of.

_AH_DarkWolf

Quote from: _AH_Col._Hogan on March 07, 2008, 03:49:50 PM
Just curious, why the change to the MKIXc?

With the Mk.IXs already in service all Mk.VIII production was sent overseas, so they were not used in western europe. They went to places like burma, india, home defense squadrons in australia and to the MTO.

DW

_AH_Gonzo

A couple of questions before tomorrow's mission please:

Are aircraft manning positions locked as stated in the brief? I.e. A Flight must fly bombers and the remaining pilots must fly Spitfires?

Does the bombing run have to take place as shown on the provided map? Can alternate approach headings into the target be used to make the bomb run easier?

Thanks.