UP 3.0 RC4 Mod Help - Friday, 8/26 @ 8:00 PM EST

Started by _AH_Boosher, August 24, 2011, 03:19:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Boosher

Hey gents,

For those of you who want help installing and/or setting up UP 3.0 RC4, I will be online on Friday, 8/26 starting at 8 PM EST to help with installs. The installation will go a lot quicker if you have all necessary files downloaded before you show up for help and troubleshooting. You will need an UNMODIFIED copy of 4.101 to install this over.

I am putting links to the mods here:

UP 3.0 Client (This requires a torrent manager in order to download. Clients like BitTorrent and µTorrent are useful)

RC4 patch mirrors (only download this once)

Mirror 1

Mirror 2

Mirror 3

_AH_Twenty

Sounds great

I have tried to install it on a win7 64 but it will not launch, and if I copy the modded game folder to a win XP machine it works fine.   :unhappy-059:

_AH_Duff4r

Twenty...

Be sure you install it in folder other than C:\Program Files. I'd suggest, C:\Games\IL-2 1946. How about a different drive?

I don't have Windows 7 at home but isn't there a compatibility mode?

Duff

_AH_Twenty

I found out the problem. It was Process Lasso that was causing UP 3.0 RC4 to shut down. Process Lasso is a program that optimizes prosesses automatically depending on rules that you applie. I had it configured to only allow one instance if il2fb.exe running and aparently you need more. And yes I have all my games installed outside of Program files.

Seems to be working great now!

_AH_Duff4r

Good to hear twenty!

I have used Process Lasso for 2 - 3 years. It's a very slick program. Glad you have things sorted.

Duff

_AH_Nimble

Im not sure when or if aces high will move on to up3.0.... but it seems to be where the future is going in hyperlobby...even AVG boys are going to it... although it seems our version has run very well... its hard to visualize the new version being that much better than  2.01.... avg has had some problems with 3.0..... in keeping the scores of their campaigns....we might learn from avg tiger what he has encountered...but it seems lately we have had problems running coops ... dont know what is the problem...lots of missions incompleted because of it tho...here I am at a loss as my expertize with these things are out of my realm of knowledge. Maybe I need to go back to school.

_AH_Duff4r

Nimble and all....

Yes keeping score in campaigns is broken and will be.  UP 3.0 Final could be a long way off. They will eventually fix campaigns but the emphasis is on ZUTI and DF's using ZUTI. HaDes has basically said that campaigns can be built around DFs and ZUTI.

If score keeping via eventlog.lst impacts us significantly then that would be a reason to stay with UP 2.01

That said...UP 3.0 starts faster and runs smoother than anything we've seen. It must be set to 512 MB RAM, 4GB Address Space, and Enable Mod File Cache must be unchecked. <= The best way to set this is to go to your IL-2 Main folder and find the file: il2fb.ini. You can type in the RAM you want!

NOTE: If you goof and choose, "Start IL-2 Immediately" so that you can't change settings, just go your IL-2 Main Folder then findthis file: il2fb.ini and change AutoStart=0 to a AutoStart=1 :-)

I have been running UP 3.0 for a long time in beta and after release. Those who try it will find many new things.

Yes we are being left behind on HL. All those peeps can't be wrong. I simply can't imagine any _AH that doesn't have enough HD room to run two versions as in.....DON'T DELETE UP 2.01.

One of the concerns is the amount of time it may take to get everyone running. If we decide to do this I would be glad to help. I have too many things always in the works so I can't come online and wait but a email to duff4r@cableone.net gets you all the help I can give you.

The proper install:

Install IL-2 4.07 from DVD or.......

Update to 4.08 <= If you have this clean you can start here

Update to 4.09 <= If you have this clean you can start here

Update to 4.10 <= If you have this clean you can start here

Update to 4.101

Download and install UP 3.0 RC 4

It's easy to take your MODs with you. Create the folder #UP# and put them in there by downloading this ZIP file and install it to your main IL-2 directory UP 3.0 MOD File

Add Mods as desired.

Questions?

S! Duff4r

_AH_Col._Hogan

_AH_Duff4r

Thanks Hogan :-)

With retirement in 30 days and a move to Sun City West, Arizona for the winter months, I don't know how much I'll be around until we're settled. The plan is 6 months in Az and 6 months in Idaho.

It's certainly going to be nice to be away from the work stresses which have been many and constant for the last 4 years. I certainly won't miss the 5 AM wake-ups and the ever present deadlines and day-to-day management problems :-)

I'll certainly fly what I can.

S!
Duff

_AH_Tbull

Duff, Congrads on the retirement.... if you keep busy you will love it. The only down side is that (in my case) the money got stuck at a fixed amount. Everything keeps going up but that. Some can do a supplement where others can't. I have been doing lot's of fishing... and loving it. Nothing like being out in God's Creation and away from most people. The quiet and beauty is biss. For those that miss me you can blame that "Dam Moby" after I went to Canada I got hooked back on fishing. For those that enjoy the peace that I don't do IL-2 much you can send a Ck to Moby with a thank you card. ROFL

Cheers & Blessings to all where they belong.

_AH_Nimble

Hey T Bull... nice to hear from you...I to love to fish....and enjoy the life in the country away from the maddening crowds...Im definately not a crowd person....but between all the projects and sailing, and fishing, I still find time to drink a beer and fly with my buds....and you should too...you know you like it.....time is getting more precious all the time for us retirees..eh?  I still cherish that ironwood pen.... come join the friendly skies once in a while....its worth the effort!! :surprised-027:

_AH_Duff4r

I'm sure I'll keep busy!

I hope...that the money will be sufficient. We've worked at that and all looks good. We're golfers and fishers after both Bass and the wily Trout.

Sun City West is the playland of the retired with much to do. Only people 55 and older can live there. There are no schools in the city so taxes are low. It is a city of 28 + thousand with 7 golf courses and about anything you want to do. I am already signed up for softball. I gotta buy me a new mitt. Mine is a mere 50 years old :-)

Ahh well no sucha thing as shanghai but we think this is close. We'll see. One winter there will tell the story.

C Yas up!

Duff

_AH_Boosher

That place sounds like a retirement dream, Duff4r! Although I think you mean Shangri-La, Shanghai is very much a real place.

_AH_Duff4r

LOL! I sure did....and FYI I even looked it up and still grabbed the wrong word  (wavey)

Thanks for the Correction