nVidia Driver Issues

Started by _AH_Olds, September 25, 2011, 05:58:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Olds

Thanks, Duff4r, I'm kinda holding at this point. I did get the driver in, which is the most I've accomplished yet. I hate to change anything at this point, since it seems like I may be getting close to getting the card recognized. I would hate to go backwards again. I feel sure the card is seated, or the other drive and OS would not recognize the card. Just got to be patient and careful at this point. I feel sure an answer is close.

Thanks,

Olds
"My choice early in life was either to be a piano-player in a whorehouse or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference". - Harry S. Truman

_AH_Olds

Good news! Did the reformat, and it was successful. The card now shows up in Device Manger, and the only error I saw when I installed the driver is it said the Physix software didn't install, which seems funny, because everything looks fine. The control panel works, and mentions Physix. Doesn't look like an issue. Started the game, which is on F, ran a track, and it looks great! Did not have to reinstall on C...first time I've been able to do that. The partitions look fine, also. Still got some things to do, Windows Update, etc., and other drivers, stick, etc. Hope when I get back this evening I can finish this and get back to flying. Thanks for all the help and hope to see you all soon.

S!

Olds
"My choice early in life was either to be a piano-player in a whorehouse or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference". - Harry S. Truman

_AH_DarkWolf

You can always uninstall and reinstall PhysX seperately if you find an issue.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Olds

Yep, I'll do that if needed. I ran the Black Death track, with stock nvidia settings (no changes), and it looked great! Haven't cranked it up yet, AA, AF, etc., but it only dropped to around 55 FPS (Vsync is on, and locked at 60). Can't wait to see what it looks like with the settings applied.

Thanks,

Olds

_AH_DarkWolf

Do you use "Triple buffering" with your vsync?

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Olds

I think so...been a while since I had to change any video settings.