CH Pro Weirdness - Fix

Started by _AH_Duff4r, May 10, 2012, 02:53:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Duff4r

Hiyas,

I have the CH Pro Fighter stick, throttle and rudder pedals...(HOTAS)

Last night my rudder was over to the left 20% and it wouldn't center? This immediately would indicate controller troubles like dirty potentiometers but generally NOT a broken wire as the rudder still worked left and right. I tried to re-calibrate it twice with not luck! Opening a CH Product is easy, getting it back together is not for the aged or 'faint' of heart :-) I really really didn't want to do that.

{RULE #1} -If it was working and it ain't now...go to the last thing you modified!

CH products use a Controller Management Control Center - CMCC

I had just installed Rise of Flight - RoF a WW-I fighter Sim 2 days ago.

I programed everything for RoF in-game. I did not use the CMCC for anything...
In IL-2 I use the CMC to set up, using a script; Real differential Toe Brakes and since CH throttle doesn't have a detent between throttle and WEP, I use a script to set that up.

After several re-boots, restart and shutdowns nothing changed. I then started RoF and lo & behold the rudder was just fine in Rof/ wtf?

Using,{Rule #1} I started looking around! In the CMCC install under CH Products folder in Program Files is a sub-folder called maps. I opened it up expecting to see ONLY the IL-2 map and IL-2 cms. There was now a Rof.map and a Rof.cms. How did that get there? I still don't know.

The fix: I downloaded the RoF profile into the CMCC and immediately both Sims worked perfectly. The CMCC senses what game and profile you just started.

Thought I'd post this as someday another squaddie or I may need it again (aging memory).

Back up and flying,
Duff

Note** Thanks again Doctor Doom, where ever you are! Doc Doom was a mid to late 1990's Warbirds Sim pilot, a true genius in many ways and in real life. He was from the down-under, everybody's friend who first told me about Rule #1. He wrote a Pilot's manual about flying and dying in Warbirds. I fear that drugs or booze or both may have ended Doc's life prematurely. He also left me with his signature phrase that I have pondered all these many years?? "God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."

_AH_Nimble

Well said Duff4..... nice to have u back again again :happy-112:

_AH_taldrg

~S~ Duff;
        I also have all that CH stuff....setting in a box on the floor of a closet. When I had my new PC built for me about 4 (i think) years ago the tower did not have a 15 pin outlet to hook up to. Some one told me to get a USB to 15 pin cable. I did and that is in the closet also. Sooooo..I have a X-52 hosta and it works and I am a happy camper. I feel your stress bro. Been there...done that.

TD
I love my country..It's the government I'm afraid of.

_AH_Duff4r

TD,

Yeah I remember you CH problems. I have all USB CH Pro controllers so there's no problems that way. Sometimes when they make stuff too easy it becomes hard!

S!
Duff

_AH_gatlingun

~S~

Yeah,I use CH and no problems whatsoever.
_AH_Gatlingun