223 Campaign Thoughts

Started by _AH_DarkWolf, May 23, 2012, 07:31:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_DarkWolf

Couple thoughts after last night's mission.

Comms : We seem to be on an upswing in participation in campaigns, which is good. But it means we need to work on our comms dicipline. We are'nt horrible, we could certainly be worse but we could certainly be better too.

Once the mission starts flight leads should have priority. You don't want to step on anyone but especially not a flight lead.

Remember once any flight sights the enemy it's "combat comms", can any frivolous chatter.

Don't use up precious seconds on comms transmitting anything that is non-essential, if you can type it in chat. When you do transmit something keep it short and sweet.

If someone asks for a grid to a fight there must be a flight engaged and a flight lead on scene, so how about only the flight lead responds? I noticed we often had alot of guys answering and stepping on eachother and it could be hard to understand. It's too our credit that we have alot of guys wanting to help but that can be a bad thing too.

Mission Commander : I noticed we kinda got away from using a mission commander during the last campaign, maybe we should get back into the habit.  That might help coordinate the flights more and the MC could be the main go-to guy when it comes to fighter direction.

Anyways, just a couple thoughts.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Autorotate

bothers me sometimes i hear grid calls 3, 4 sometimes more times because people don't have their ears open or are lacking situational awareness.
enemies B3 heading west. okay well maybe i should fly for B2 then... get an idea of where the fight is and where it's flowing, not hard to do.
i know it's tough sometimes to follow maps when your in a fight too, but that's what the flight is there for, someone should always be able to navigate and or work radio.
we all need to just polish our skills with situational awareness, squad and flight cohesion and radio like always..
:drinking-43:

_AH_DarkWolf

Yeah that's a good point, I meant to mention that. I dunno about you guys but usually once I've engaged in a fight I kinda tune out comms, unless someone is telling me to check six. But if you're just flying around from point a to point b or something you should definitely be listening in, you can usually keep track of whats going on passively.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill