We found them!

Started by _AH_taldrg, July 11, 2012, 06:12:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_taldrg

~S~
      Intel. has informed us that our 3 missing pilots are being held on Tanambogo Is. just off the So. coast of Florida Is. at the Jap float plane base. We have 6 captured jap float planes and 4 F4F available for this mission. We will fly the floats in and land and blow up the base and then recrew the 3 pilots as the F4F shoot up the place as a diversion and all get back to Henderson. This is a vol. mission. 10 brave pilots needed and remember that 'loose lips...sink ships'.

ps: I have this mission...let me know if anyone wants to fly it and when and I will launch it.
I love my country..It's the government I'm afraid of.

_AH_BBQhead

S~

I think we should fly it tonight. 

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

_AH_Nimble

yeah!! but what time..??????  hey its 110 degrees here.... Im going to go jump in the lake.....hope I make it home in time :surprised-in-shower-006:

_AH_taldrg

~S~
      We did not have an after mission debrief but it was quite exciting. We did rescrew one of our pilots from the enemy but two of the pilots flying the jap float planes crashed on landing and the four F4Fs put all bombs on the jap float plane base. We still have two Marine pilots being hald prisoner. We need to make an air strike on Tulagi and take out that float plane base.
      I have that mission if anyone is interested.  OOH-RAH!!

if we take that base we maybe can get two more of their float planes and try the rescue flight again.
I love my country..It's the government I'm afraid of.

_AH_Col._Hogan

_AH_Duff4r

When are we to fly this?

_AH_Autorotate

Quote from: _AH_Duff4r on July 13, 2012, 10:37:34 PM
When are we to fly this?

i hope we do when o get home this week, i havent flown for weeks. i call a float plane.  :happy-112:

_AH_Gonzo

Southern Florida? Any chance of one of those Wildcats making a 100 mile detour to the north and picking me up from Vero Beach?

"I wish I was who I was when I wanted to be what I am today" - Jimi Hendrix

_AH_Nimble

Boy.. s ome pilots sure have it good.... bet gonZo is all tan ...watchin the bikini babes on the beach....... just remember ... if ya fly a wildcat they lost 6 of em out there in the gulf in 1945

_AH_Nimble

I was knapping this afternoon, and had my little radio on a local am channel.... there was a program on presented by the veterans of america.... they caught my attention when I heard  them mention they were going to do interviews of the VMF 214..... or the  "Black Sheep Squadron"   they had live interviews with some of the few living members of Boyingtons famous  Black Sheep... was very interesting ...for they have to be really getting up in their years by now.  They talked about   green island, and after they finished eliminating most of the japanese aircraft around Rabul  how they moved on...cant remember the last islands name but it was truely a good interview.....program was presented by the veterans of foreign wars........ any of you hear of anything like that????   Harrington was a brigader general...retired of course and also flew in the Korean war .