Misc Videos

Started by _AH_Col._Hogan, August 26, 2012, 05:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_z5o

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.

_AH_Nimble

hey Z   what do you expect...its winter time bud.. rain snow and cold :lol

_AH_z5o

~S~
Well, so much for my drone. Took it up for a spin and had a major malfunction causing it to kick in to AutoRTH(Return to home). BUT, instead of returning to home. It climbed higher and higher til the motors cut out and down she came. It took about 10 sec. for it to hit terra firma, so it was WAY up there. It landed/crashed about 200 yards from where it took off with a resounding thud. So, much for a years worth of saving and collecting parts to build it. Damage, FPV camera, FPV Gimbal, Flight Controller, one passably two motor controls and motors and a X500 airframe. All destroyed. Maybe one of these days I can afford a nice DJi or Autel X.

_AH_Shrtaprch

OH MAN does that SUCK!  Sorry to hear Z..

_AH_Bear

well that sucks big time huh./.  any ideas why? any warranttee?

_AH_Lippy

Thing I hate about these thing is they will malfunction but yours to beat all good thing it didn't fly into any type of aircraft on the way up or down. I know how you enjoyed it I am sorry bud

_AH_z5o

_AH_Bear

aaahhhh.. alittle duct tape and crazy glue.. good as new.. lol :happy-016:

_AH_z5o

This was my first and last FPV flight. Ive been waiting on a OSD(On Screen Display) which would had told me just how high up I was. What happened is. I lost sight of my bird and without realizing it had climb so high. MUCh higher than Ive ever been and wanted to be. How high. I'm not sure. I could hear it but couldn't see it. So, I kicked in AutoRTH(Return to Home). When I flip that switch, it lost it. Something had to be wrong with the GPS location it recorded as its home point or something. The UAV flips forward on to it back which caused in to automatically shut down the motors and it started to drop. now my UAV weighs in at around 4 1/2 pounds and didn't take long to build up a good bit of speed. Then the CG took over righting the aircraft, thus the motors kicked back in and the Flight Controller realized it was in free fall which kicked in another Failsafe. Full power to all motors. Even with 8 pounds of thrust it still couldn't recover from the fall. It DID however slow it a little. In short. pilot error was the cause of my misfortune. Heres the link to the fun. No music so watch your volume.

https://youtu.be/YSETz7CL0Ww

_AH_DarkWolf

Would'nt some old school tech like an emergency parachute be a good idea? So if it got in trouble it would just auto-pop the chute and float down?

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_z5o

They have them, but, their costly and weigh a lot.

_AH_Bear

how costly?? what are you out so far??? Might be worth it.. as long as the strings didnt get tangled in the props..

_AH_DarkWolf

Presumably if it had to deploy the chute it would stop the rotors at the same time?

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Turbo

Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil and your a thousand miles from the corn field. -Dwight D. Eisenhower