IL-2 1946 HSFX - Installation

Started by _AH_Duff4r, September 24, 2012, 09:02:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Duff4r

Gents,

Although I had a small part and thus an interest in UP 3.0, that interest is over. There are two reasons for this. One, the community as a whole did not fully embrace the changes of UP 3.0, including us..we never used the Arm / Refuel in a COOP. UP 3.0 superseded COOPs with COOP-Dogfights that could be joined at any time and allowed landings / reflys. Two, I believe HaDes got both tired and stubborn to a fault. He quit listening. In business if you don't listen to what your customer is saying he is soon to find another business!

HSFX - I am personally excited about going here! This will take some work and lots of patience but it is easily doable by all, Yes, YOU TOO TD :). We all need a 'can do' attitude!

Step 1: Start with a NEW install or clean (no mods) copy of IL-2 and patch it to IL-2 1946 4.11.1. I highly recommend that you check each version update by launching it once to be sure you have updated correctly.

a.)Here are ALL the IL-2 1946 OFFICIAL patches starting from Out-of-da-box 4.07: http://www.tuttovola.it/il2/1_IL2_Sturmovik_1946_official_patches/

b.) In particular 4.09 had a skins update so 2 part install be sure you use the right one! It is NOT mandatory to add the skins update but I did.

c.) 4.10 had a 4.10.1

d.) 4.11 had a 4.11.1 Make sure version 4.11.1 runs! It should say 4.11.1 in the lower left corner of the start screen. If it doesn't it simply won't work!

If HSFX won't start after install. It was improperly updated! Specifically from 4.11 to 4.11.1 (You been Warned!)

Step 2: Go here for the HSFX downloads: http://www.mediafire.com/?eolgybzm3yvhu Note, be patient...not piggy and download one file at a time.

a.) There are 9 files total Files are named as below:

- HSFX_Version_6_0.EXE - 650 Mb.
- HSFX_Version_6_0.W02 - 650 Mb.
- HSFX_Version_6_0.W03 - 650 Mb.
- HSFX_Version_6_0.W04 - 41 Mb.

- Part2_Ver_6.EXE ..........- 650 Mb.
- Part2_Ver_6.W02..........- 650 Mb.
- Part2_Ver_6.W03..........- 604 Mb.

- Part3_Ver_6.EXE ..........- 650 Mb.
- Part3_Ver_6.W02 ..........- 85 Mb

Total of - 4,630 Mb. (4.6 Gb.)

Notes!

1.) ALL NINE FILES NEED TO BE IN THE SAME FOLDER! <== OLDs read this!==> DO NOT RENAME ANYTHING!

2.) You only have to click this executable ===> HSFX_Version_6_0.EXE  It will install part 1 and automagically launch the other two .exe's installing Part2 and Part3

3.) If your install hangs, you have a corrupted file! This Means one or more of the 9 files didn't download properly! Don't whine...figure out which one and go download it again. Check for proper file sizes! Once downloaded to your machine they should be exactly as listed here on this post.

Step 3: After you have installed HSFX open the game main folder and launch JSGME.exe From the left side, move 'HSFX history mod' to the right side...nothing else! Start IL-2 HSFX. It will take a bit to start the first time so.... be patient. Move the 'HSFX history mod' back to the left side.

Step 4: Next, install the HSFX 6.0.1 Patch from here: HSFX_Version_6_0_Patch_1.EXE There is no real need to run HSFX 6.0.1, but it sure wouldn't hurt! If you do remember you have to move HSFX history mod to the right in JSGME.exe and back again after the game runs and before you continue!

NOTE: I would love to tell you you're done, but you ain't! <Deep Breath>

Step 5: Download the NEW Auto Updater, go here: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/26976891/HSFX_Auto_Updater.EXE

a.) Download the 5.5 Meg. file and install the Auto Updater into your IL-2 HSFX MAIN Folder! Note! During the install it is going to ask you to install C++ Redistributable! Say YES! The C++ is required for the updater to run. It may also ask you to repair or upgrade you C++, Do It!

b.) Open your Main IL-2 HSFX Folder and find the updater: HSFX_Client_Updater.exe

c.) Double click the updater and go take a long walk while the slow updater downloads another, (at the time of this writing) 524.13 Mb.

d.) When complete you will have updated HSFX 6.0 to 6.0.11 thru the current which is HSFX 6.0.16

Step 6: Remember.....

1.) You should copy over you settings.ini from your UP 3.0 RC4 install (Main IL-2 Folder/User/doe folder) so you don't have to reprogram everything!

2.) Copy over your conf.ini from UP 3.0 RC4. I would back up the HSFX original!

3.) Copy your skins & mission files over.

4.) Adjust Hyperlobby's path to your New game location, as required.

Now let's get out there and get this done!

Duff

_AH_Col._Hogan

Awesome instructions duff.

Step #4 looks identical to step #2, just to confirm they are different?

Also I would copy over skins/missions folders as well.

S!

_AH_Duff4r

Nope Step 2 and Step 4 our different! Step 2 is the 4.6 Gigs of HSXF files, Step 4 is the 5.5 meg Updater for access to another 524.13 Megs of updates to the updates in Step 2 :)

Good call on skins / missions folders!

Thanks for the compliment Hogan :)

_AH_Autorotate

downloading, all in less than 40 minutes..  i'm being very piggy!  (tongue)

i'll install to a new copy sometime this week so if or when we do switch i will be prepared and ready to go, no rush on the last day!  :drinking-43:

thanks duff, very helpful!

_AH_Duff4r

My pleasure auto....and I did the same as you and came away with 3 of the 9 files corrupted...thus the instructional note. UGH! cost me lots of time.

_AH_taldrg

~S~
      OMG...here we go again.
      Q. #1...I have no idea what this means:
      (Start with a clean install or clean copy of IL-2 and patch it to IL-2 1946 4.11.1.)

I ain't got(I don't think)a 4.11.1
      I think I am in BIG trouble.
I love my country..It's the government I'm afraid of.

_AH_Autorotate

Quote from: _AH_taldrg on September 24, 2012, 10:03:46 PM
~S~
      OMG...here we go again.
      Q. #1...I have no idea what this means:
      (Start with a clean install or clean copy of IL-2 and patch it to IL-2 1946 4.11.1.)

I ain't got(I don't think)a 4.11.1
      I think I am in BIG trouble.

TD
clean install for me is a 4.07 version. the one that came right after pacific fighter came out i believe.
that is what i have on a CD saved as my clean install. then i just install in order 4.08, 4.09, 4.10, 4.10.1,  4.11 and 4.11.1

as for 4.11.1, click and save.  :drinking-43:
http://www.jgzbv.de/downloads/Il2_411_1_INT.exe

_AH_Duff4r

TD, he's right PLUS no mod folders = clean

There is now a link to get all the patches in my initial post!

Duff

_AH_Duff4r

_AH_taldrg

~S~
   Does anyone know of a submarine simulator game I can DL?  How many changes can be done to just one sub??

_AH_gatlingun

Let's stay where we are TD and we will fly together.
_AH_Gatlingun

_AH_AD2

TD and Gatlingun,

I can burn and mail you a DVD with the following:

Game Patches - IL-2 MegaPatch4.10.1m, Il2_4.11m, Il2_4.11.1m
HSFX MOD - HSFX Version 6.0, HSFX_Version_6_0_1, and HSFX Auto_Updater
IL-2SwitcherSetup102

HSFX Instructions: (Contact me if you would like help)

0.  Rename current game folder to IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 UP3RC4 to preserve UP3RC4 game.
     Run Windows uninstaller of IL2-1946. (Windows will not delete renamed folder)
1.  Clean install of IL2-1946
2.  Game Patches\IL-2 MegaPatch4.10.1m.exe (run game after install)
3.  Game Patches\Il2_4.11m.exe
4.  Game Patches\Il2_4.11.1m.exe (run game after install)
5.  HSFX MOD\HSFX Version 6.0\HSFX_Version_6_0.EXE
6.  HSFX MOD\HSFX_Version_6_0_1.EXE (Enable HSFX in JSGME & run game)
7.  HSFX MOD\HSFX_Auto_Updater.EXE (Install to game folder)
8.  Create desktop shortcut to HSFX_Client_Updater.exe (located in game folder)
9.  Run HSFX_Client_Updater.exe from the desktop shortcut to update to the latest version.
10. Install IL-2SwitcherSetup102.
11. Point Hyperlobby to IL-2Switcher (C:\Program Files\IL-2 Switcher\il2fb.exe)

Copy following files from IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 UP3RC4 into IL-2 Sturmovik 1946:

\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\Users      (User & Stick settings)
\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\conf.ini      (Game settings)
\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\Missions\Net   (Coop & DF Missions)

Note: You can also copy custom skins, nose art, etc..
_AH_AD2

My PC Specs:
64bit Windows 10, 3.4 GHz Intel I5-3570 Quad Core CPU, 16GB DDR3 PC3-12800 RAM, 2GB GDDR5 GEFORCE GTX 760 Video Card, Saitek X-52 Flight Control System, Track-IR 4 Pro

_AH_Duff4r

Very nice of you to offer, _AH_AD2.

I think going a step farther is the better thing. Let's send them the complete updated game on a DVD.......

I wasn't at the meeting..so are we really going or just testing at this point? I thought we could do this after we have taken the vote and before we go hot! I didn't know a time line or if there is one!

_AD2, this is really easy to do. We can just take a copy of anyone's updated 'ready to go game'. Burn it to a DVD then have these guys simply copy it from the DVD and paste it to where they want it on their machines. They would have to download the updater from above and install it so it knows the game path for future updates.  So they simply:

1.) Copy the game from the DVD and paste it to where they want it on their machines.

2.) Download and Install the Updater.exe from my post above.

3.) Copy thier Skins/ missions/ and user folder to the game they were given.

4.) Make a shortcut to the il2fb.exe and the JSGME.exe and their golden.

Hey to the entire _AH_Squad...No man left behind!

_AH_taldrg

~S~
    That is super nice of you guys to help this ol' jar head but, do I need a ...clean il2...what ever that is??

BTW...I received word today that my flight to DC is in a Airbus 320 and at 87 yrs old I would prob. be the youngest guy there, how 'bout that.

_AH_Duff4r

First... NO, on the clean install needed!

Second...the youngest? well, true as my Dad was WWII and he is 89!

Enjoy the trip TD :)

Duff