IL-2 1946 HSFX - Installation

Started by _AH_Duff4r, September 24, 2012, 09:02:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Col._Hogan

Another IL2 squad sent me this video when some of their members were resisting a version change.

This was their CO's response, words have been bleeped however context remains,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=dhRrQHQv8JI&feature=endscreen

S!

_AH_Autorotate

well, no sh-
:drinking-43:

_AH_Jack

_AH_Duff4r

HSFX/UP3.0 RC4 Merged-Installation...

Ok for all you hotshots like....Jack.....this can be done. Why? The UP3.0 and the HSFX files can Co-exist as they are named differently and/or can be merged as one WON'T overwrite the other. The HSFX files are fb_hfx(something). UP 3.0 RC4 uses the #UP# folder for Mods and HSFX uses a 'Mods' folder like was used in UP 2.01, thus there is NO interference.

Open your UP3.0 RC4 JSGME.exe and disable everything by moving all 'enabled items' from the right pane to the left pane in JSGME.exe.

DO THIS! ==> Make a copy of your UP3.0 RC4 game! You been WARNED!!

Ensure that your UP3.0 RC4 Install has been updated to 4.11.1. Don't be a dumb a$$, RUN 4.11.1 to be sure!

Download ALL the files as listed above for the HSFX 6.0, the patch to HSFX 6.01 and the Updater Installer.

Run the HSFX 6.0 installer and point it at the IL-2 1946 UP3.0 RC4 install you want to add HSFX to!

Run the Patch pointing it at the same install, now patch HSFX 6.0 to HSFX 6.01

Install the updater to the same UP3.0 RC4 install and run it for a long time (approx. 2.5 hours with my 10 Meg down connection).

Note 1:
After Installing HSFX to a UP3.0 install the installation will have renamed the UP3.0RC4 jsgmemods folder to, 'OLD-jsgmemods' YOU MUST copy the entries in your OLD-jsgmemods folder back to the new jsgmemods folder created by the HSFX installation this merged the two installs and now contains all the files from both UP 3.0 RC4 and HSFX.

Note 2:
Depending on what you select when you open your JSGME.exe your il2fb.exe will act accordingly. If you're going to run UP3.0 RC4 then you will see the selector as normal! If you are going to run HSFX by selecting, 'HSFX history mod' or 'HSFX history mod and 'Expert mode' it will start without the selector

Note 3: You can now run:
a.) 4.10 stock
b.) 4.11 stock
c.) 4.11.1 -  NOTHING enabled in JSGME.exe NOTE** In SOME SERVERS you can have HSFX & Mods enabled and still join! Some you can't!
d.) UP 3.0 RC4
e.) HSFX Standard
f.) HSFX Expert mode

I am so totally not responsible if you F__k up your game!

_AH_Duff4r

_AH_Turbo

When I updated the HFSX to the 17. Now the updater brings up the JSGME. Is this normal ?
Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil and your a thousand miles from the corn field. -Dwight D. Eisenhower

_AH_Viper

One thing I did notice is no left and right wheel brakes in the Hotas.  Don't know whats going on with that yet.  There is something with head left and right, up and down.  You will get dead quick when too close to AAA.

_AH_Duff4r

_AH_Turbo - When I updated the HFSX to the 17. Now the updater brings up the JSGME. Is this normal ?

Yep this is normal. It sets you up to put the MODs like HSFX history mod back in!

_AH_Viper - One thing I did notice is no left and right wheel brakes in the Hotas.  Don't know whats going on with that yet.  There is something with head left and right, up and down.  You will get dead quick when too close to AAA.

Brakes are there in UP 30. RC4 but not in HSFX. Head left, right, up & down is just that you can assign it to a Hat switch.

Let me see if the brakes are planned for HSFX..

No worries for me as I use a script in my CH Pro HOTAS to assign that. It works the same for me in HSFX.

Good catches, both!
Duff

_AH_Duff4r

OK Viper on Toe Brakes:

From 242 Squadron, 'Prof' "We have no no plans for that at the present time."

From what else I could garner...If TD (Team Didadlos) implements it in patch or in Version 4.12...then it will be in HSFX.

My best,
Duff

_AH_Lippy

Reinstalling the game and it seems that the utorrent link I have for up 3.0 I can no longer find can someone give me a workable link for a utorrent download of up 3.0

_AH_Moby

~S~! Gents,

Apart from my busy schedule on the road during the week, and the occasional weekend.....and my weekend days being occupied with the usual errands, shopping, laundry, and spending time with my three daughters, not to mention trying to find some down time for my own personal mental health.... (which I am sure DW can insert the usual inappropriate self serving comment ---> *here*), I simply can't find the time to mind the download screen and effectively get all these downloads together in a timely fashion, never mind in the next couple months....

:help-sos-sos-29402:
When and if a dvd with a clean updated current HSFX game can be available, I would like to respectfully request a copy.  I have been running my computer rig here on the XP operating system for almost three years without a reformat and have a new copy of Windows 7 and a new hard drive to set it up on, with the plan to use my old HD for simple file storage.  I plan to reformat in the near future but don't want to until I can get the correct files to properly update IL2 to the current version, or acquire a clean dvd game copy from one of you fine gentlemen.   I have copies of the user/settings/skins etc.  files from my current game saved on an external HD, so I am good there. 

Can one of you scholarly computer literate gents keep me in the loop as to when and if that dvd is created and available for request and dispersal?  I will provide my mailing info for you then.   And of course I will also send any renumeration for your efforts to send me the dvd, which would my pleasure to compensate you for your gallant and generous effort in assisting me in keeping my game current.  I simply can't wait to renew and continue to enjoy your camaraderie as we maintain our beloved online pursuit of collectively blowing each other out of the sky, I do truly miss you big lugs!!!

Respectfully,

~S~!

Mobes.
:happy-112:   

If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

_AH_Olds

Good to see ya, Mobes! I think Jack may be putting a copy of HSFX on a thumbdrive to send out to people. I think Nimble was talking about it in the sign-in. Jack and Nimble would be able to tell you more. Hope you can get a copy soon and get flying again. Hang in there, and we'll see you soon!
"My choice early in life was either to be a piano-player in a whorehouse or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference". - Harry S. Truman

_AH_Col._Hogan

Yup, recieved Jack/Nimble's drive yesterday.

1) Insert and copy the folder, (17GB) to my hard drive. Went and stirred the pasta/sauce.

2) Copy and paste my .ini/users/paint schemes into the new HSFX folder.

3) Make shortcuts on the desktop for JSGME and updater.

Total "hands on" time for install to flying the game was less than 5 min.

Will send it your way tomorrow BBQ.

S!

_AH_DarkWolf

Quote from: _AH_Moby on November 18, 2012, 09:44:10 AM
...not to mention trying to find some down time for my own personal mental health.... (which I am sure DW can insert the usual inappropriate self serving comment ---> *No amount of down time can improve the state of something you never had to begin with.*), I simply....

Done!

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Nimble

Well done Hogan.... I will be doing the same operation this week.... and will be ready to mail it onward to who ever needs it next by this weekend :happy-112: