IL-2 1946 HSFX - Installation

Started by _AH_Duff4r, September 24, 2012, 09:02:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Gonzo

Sorry Dark, the error I get is the map error.

TD I had a bunch of back up copies of the game and all of the downloads required to patch it up from the original Pacific Fighters 4.01 I think.

"I wish I was who I was when I wanted to be what I am today" - Jimi Hendrix

_AH_Lippy

I would like to know if we are going to HSFX or not I really dont want to go threw the hasle if we dont go there.

_AH_Autorotate

the vote says it all lippy. we're going to HSFX, it's just a matter of when.
i'd say it will be official once everyone has it good to go, so don't be the last guy not ready..  :surprised-027:

_AH_DarkWolf

Quote from: _AH_Gonzo on November 24, 2012, 12:37:56 AM
Sorry Dark, the error I get is the map error.

Some of the maps have been renamed. I know at least one north african map was renamed and the Slot maps all got re-named to Solomons recently, possibly as part of their inclusion in an official patch. The easy fix is to go into the FMB and open the right map and save a temporary mission using it. Then open the .mis file of that temporary mission and copy the first line in the [MAIN] section. ie.  "MAP LALnormandy2/LAL_load2.ini". Then paste that line into the old mission, it should then use the new map name and load fine.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Duff4r

Quote from: _AH_Lippy on November 25, 2012, 02:38:24 AM
I would like to know if we are going to HSFX or not I really don't want to go through the hassle if we don't go there.

We're already there, just waiting for all pilots to get 'up & on!

Really no hassle depending on your download speed. The only hassle is the updater taking you from version HSFX 6.01 to the current version. That takes a while to download. The server is pretty slow. Expect 2 - 3 hours.

Duff

_AH_Deacon

:unhappy-059:I am having trouble in hsfx some sights wont let me in . sos
When up to your eyes in manure DONT OPEN YOUR MOUTH

_AH_Duff4r

Quote from: _AH_Deacon on November 26, 2012, 11:02:39 PM
:unhappy-059:I am having trouble in hsfx some sights wont let me in . sos

Explain in detail please....What sites?

Duff

_AH_Nimble

well, after much frustration I did get the correct resolution for my screen and my user file to work.....Ima bout ready to  :bomb-034: this computer .....  just dont call me geek .... youlll start me to drinkin again. Now all I have to do is get the updater running and hook it all up to the hyper lobby..... I really like the idea Olds has..... its hooked up to the switcher so he can run any version he wants to by just putting the version over to the right side.......

_AH_Olds

Even simpler, Nimble, I don't have to move anything. I just select from the list on the left. Just don't hit the Delete Game button :unhappy-059: ...it can make a mess. That's why I keep extra copies  :happy-112:
"My choice early in life was either to be a piano-player in a whorehouse or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference". - Harry S. Truman

_AH_Duff4r

Quote from: _AH_Nimble on November 27, 2012, 06:52:14 AM
Well, after much frustration I did get the correct resolution for my screen and my user file to work.....Ima bout ready to  :bomb-034: this computer .....  just don't call me geek .... you'll start me to drinkin again. Now all I have to do is get the updater running and hook it all up to the hyper lobby..... I really like the idea Olds has..... its hooked up to the switcher so he can run any version he wants to by just putting the version over to the right side.......

Notes: Nimble lost his game so he didn't have a Conf.ini file from his old game.

Screen resolution: Open your Conf.ini and adjust each of the 12 parameters to look like the one below except insert your monitors Native Screen resolution.

[window]
width=1280 <==== Replace with your monitors Native resolution
height=1024 <===  Replace with your monitors Native resolution
ColourBits=32
DepthBits=24
StencilBits=8
ChangeScreenRes=1
FullScreen=1
DrawIfNotFocused=0
EnableResize=0
EnableClose=1
SaveAspect=0
Use3Renders=0

_AH_Deacon

:unhappy-059:sky9 for one any sight that says i have to come in with 4.11.1
When up to your eyes in manure DONT OPEN YOUR MOUTH

_AH_Duff4r

Ahhh, OK you must choose HSFX servers or...open your JSGME.exe and move everything to to left. Now you can get into the stock game servers with 4.11.1

To play HSFX servers then move HSFX history mod to the right side, OK?

Duff

_AH_taldrg

~S~
     Who,what,where,when,why of all those mods in the GSME? There are a whole bunch of 'um and I only use(per. Turbo)3 or 4. What are the other ones for? Why not put 'um all over on the right side or dump 'um? Just wondering.
I love my country..It's the government I'm afraid of.

_AH_Duff4r

JimDandy

Thank you so much Duff, these instructions have been invaluable to me. Doing the HSFX updater.exe now.
Good time to get some lunch. S!

JD