New P-38 Pit

Started by _AH_Col._Hogan, February 17, 2013, 04:34:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Col._Hogan

Very nice P-38 pit repaint:

http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,21728.0.html

Download here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?erbodemeajnffxx

I have the file, I just don't know where to put it....

S!

_AH_Autorotate

D:\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 - HSFX\3do\plane

then it's like your skin folders, lists all planes...

i think... could use a confirmation on this.

_AH_gatlingun

~S~

I just tried loading it in the skins folder,it didn't work.
_AH_Gatlingun

_AH_gatlingun

~S~

This has to go into whatever file the cockpits are in and I don't know what file that would be.
_AH_Gatlingun

_AH_Autorotate

Quote from: _AH_gatlingun on February 17, 2013, 07:09:41 PM
~S~

I just tried loading it in the skins folder,it didn't work.

not your "skins" folder, i specified the path  to it above...
i said it is structured like your skins folder, with all the planes listed individually.

this is where i've seen cockpit repaints go before. but i haven't tried it with this yet.
like i said, could use a conformation on that one.

_AH_gatlingun

~S~
Got it,I'm just a little slow.
_AH_Gatlingun

_AH_Duff4r

Thanks going to try this!

NOT working? How and where do you install this?

Short Explanation:

2 ways to do this...Create a Mods folder so: Main IL-2 folder\Mods and place the unzipped file folder in it......or change the file structure to Cockpit_P38_Congo\Mods\Cockpit_P38_Congo and put it in you jsgmemods folder and enable it that way.

Long explanation:
1. Download the file.

2. Unzip the file you will have a folder called: Cockpit_P38_Congo. Just so's ya know, inside that folder is another folder called: 3DO, inside that another called: Cockpit, and inside that another called P-38J. Inside that are 47 other files.

3. Once you unzip the file and have the folder called: Cockpit_P38_Congo, go to your IL-2 Install Main folder. Open it up and scan down alphabetically and see if you have a folder called 'Mods'. If you don't create one so it would look like this: IL-2 1946\Mods. Now place the above folder: Cockpit_P38_Congo into your Mods folder. You're DONE!

Second method:

1. To make it work with jsgmemods folder you must take the unzipped folder (Cockpit_P38_Congo) and place it inside two others.

2. So, create a folder called; Cockpit_P38. Inside that folder create a folder called 'Mods'. Now take the unzipped folder: Cockpit_P38_Congo and place it in the 'Mods' folder.

3. Now place everything you created above which should look like this: Cockpit_P38\Mods\Cockpit_P38_Congo and place it in your jsgmemods folder of your IL-2 1946 Install. Enable it using the JSGME.exe as you do other mods.

Actually...It's an Ok repaint so try it if you want. Who wants it?

Here it is: P-38 Cockpit Unzip this to your jsgmemods folder. Enable it using JSGME.exe as you do your other mods and you're done.

S!

Duff

_AH_Col._Hogan

Thanks duff, (boy.. I sure hope TD doesn't read that)  (glasses)

_AH_Duff4r

Yeah that's why I did what I did, now everyone can just download and unzip it in to their jsgmemods folder, enable it and they are good to go. There are many more cockpit repaints that need the same additional structure to work.

:happy-119:
Duff

_AH_gatlingun

~S 

Thanks Duff,you make it so simple and easy.
_AH_Gatlingun

_AH_Duff4r

Quote from: _AH_gatlingun on February 21, 2013, 12:46:41 PM
~S 

Thanks Duff,you make it so simple and easy.

My pleasure Sir!
Duff

_AH_Olds

Got it installed, and it looks great! Thanks Duff and Hogan!
"My choice early in life was either to be a piano-player in a whorehouse or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference". - Harry S. Truman

_AH_kawilder

Someone asked about the P-38 cockpit mod while we we doing coops. I want to point out this is an old topic and seems to be for an older version of the game so it may not be wise to try to download this mod to your game.

kw

6/29/2016