Campaign Mission AAR ?

Started by Spar, July 17, 2013, 07:03:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spar

~S~ Everyone,

I was just curious.  Is there a mission AAR for the campaign mission we flew last night ?  I am curious to know what was going on elsewhere on the map and who did what.  Thanks !

Spar

:drinking-43:

_AH_gatlingun

~S  Spar

There will be a results page posted but as far as a AAR I have never seen one posted in AH.
_AH_Gatlingun

_AH_DarkWolf

Well, after the A/C/HQ group got over the five stages of grief regarding Archie's premature exit, things went pretty much by the book.

The flight to target was uneventful and A Flight went in to attack flak. Unfortunately they lost 2 of their pilots during their attack. (they probobly would have survived if Archie was there) Then the avengers came in and made their attacks, Auto was badly hit and headed out right away with Hogan. We did'nt wipe the target out by any means but we did some good damage. Flak suppression worked good, I don't know if any of the other avengers got hit to any serious degree. The remaining 4 aircraft stayed more or less together, dodging some flak on the way out.

As Auto headed home he ran into some japanese aircraft that shot him down I think, but the contact report was passed on to the CAP guys. By the time we arrived the furball was in progress and BBQ joined in. At one point BBQ had a bandit on him but Spar jumped on em and cleared his six since Archie was'nt there to do it.

Ultimately the avenger recovery was less than magnificent but I'm sure you guys all saw that. Of the types we can expect to fly in this campaign, the avenger is definitely the one we are least familiar with. I encourage everyone to practice with em a bit in the warmup and quals rooms and elsewhere. You don't know when you might be tasked with flying one in the campaign.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill