HSFX 7.0.3 - Installation

Started by _AH_DarkWolf, November 12, 2013, 05:58:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_DarkWolf

Thought it might be helpfull to have an installation thread for HSFX 7 and collect all the useful links we've found in one thread. These instructions are for starting with a fresh install, if any of you guys updated a copy of your HSFX6 to 7 maybe you could post any tips you have for going that route. It should be pretty straightforward.

**Taldrg Disclaimer** -> Don't worry about not understanding this TD, we'll get a patched up copy to you one way or another.

Step One

The first thing I did was download the 10 files for the installation of HSFX7 as well as all the official patches for IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 from 4.08 to 4.12.2. The guys have found a number of links where you can get one or the other or both, including :

http://mission4today.mediafire.com/folder/69cocflqatd2c/HSFX_7.0  - HSFX 7.0 files

https://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads3&file=details&id=2313 - HSFX 7.0.3 Patch

http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Knowledge_Base&file=print&kid=584&page=1 - Official Patches

The 10 HSFX7 files you need are :

HSFX_Version_7_0.EXE
HSFX_Version_7_0.W02
HSFX_Version_7_0.W03
HSFX_Version_7_0.W04
Part2_Ver_7.EXE
Part2_Ver_7.W02
Part2_Ver_7.W03
Part3_Ver_7.EXE
Part3_Ver_7.W02
Part3_Ver_7.W03

Step Two

I modified the folder name of my current HSFX6 install and then went to the windows programs screen and uninstalled IL-2. (It did'nt wipe my HSFX6 game because I had renamed it). This just gets rid of any registry entries that prevents a fresh install. I then got out my CD and installed a fresh copy of stock IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 from that. Once installed I fired it up once just to make sure it worked.

Step Three

My copy of IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 is 4.07 off the disc so I proceeded to apply the official patches in sequence from 4.08 to 4.12.1.

408m.exe
409m.exe
Il2_410.exe
Il2_410_1.exe
Il2_411Hotfix.rar -> This is just a dll, was'nt sure what to do with it and put it in the IL-2 game directory before applying the next patch.
Il2_411_INT.exe
Il2_411_1_INT.exe
Il2_412_INT.exe
Il2_412_1_INT.exe

Note : Do NOT apply the last patch to 4.12.2, we will do that last.

Once all this patching is complete, fire up the game and make sure it works and says 4.12.1 at the bottom left of the splash screen.

Step Four

Next I installed HSFX 7 by running HSFX_Version_7_0.EXE and pointing it to the game folder I just patched to 4.12.1. As it does it's thing it will automatically run the other two .exe files. It may ask you if you want to run the other two files when they try to launch, just select run or yes or what have you. Once the installation is complete open the JSGME and enable "HSFX history mod", close the JSGME and launch the game. Again ensure you see 4.12.1 HSFXv7.0 at the bottom left of the splash screen.

Step Five

The last step of getting HSFX up to the date is the installation of the 4.12.2 patch and the HSFX 7.0.3 patch. First we open the JSGME and remove the "HSFX history mod" from the right side, make sure nothing is on the right side at all. We then run the Il2_412_2_INT.exe patch to get the stock game up to the latest official version. Then unzip HSFX_700_to_703.zip into your main game folder where your il2fb.exe file is and let it overwrite any files it needs to.

Once that is done, re-enable "HSFX history mod" in the JSGME and launch the game once more to check that it works. It should now say 4.12.2  HSFXv7.0.3 at the bottom right of the slash screen. Assuming all is well, you now have a fully up to date copy of HSFX7.

Step Six

The last step is to copy over the various bits and bobs from your HSFX6 game into your HSFX7 copy. These can include :

Your Missions folder to copy all your mission files.

The Paintschemes folder which contains all your aircraft skins, pilot skins and nosearts.

Your conf.ini from the main game folder which contains your video settings, joystick sensitivity settings and other misc settings. 4.12 has several new conf.ini entries which will be added automagically when you launch the game.

Your records folder if you have any recorded tracks you want to save.

The Users folder which contains your mapped controls as well as things like your last used skin for each aircraft etc. Some guys have had issues copying this folder over as the files don't seem to overwrite. Going into the Users folder and manually moving the all.ini and default.ini files to the same spot in your HSFX7 folder as well as the settings.ini from inside your pilot's folder inside Users to the same place in the new game should work.

The RCU file from the main game folder, if you've edited this with custom dot ranges you'll want to copy this over to the new game.

Your MODS folder if you have one with any additional little mods in it. Keep in mind some like the Gurners Distance and FX MODS will not function in HSFX7.

Hope this helps.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_DarkWolf

I revised the instructions and links in this post and got rid of the old broken links and the stuff related to the now defuct HSFX auto-updater.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Jack

_AH_Col._Hogan

**Taldrg Disclaimer** -> Don't worry about not understanding this TD

Miss that man.

Thanks for doing this DW.

~S