GurnerFX 4.3 for HSFX-7.

Started by _AH_Col._Hogan, April 06, 2014, 05:53:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Col._Hogan

Disregard the link I posted yesterday. Aviar noticed it contained the 25K distance mod and it was slamming the frame rates. Av fixed it and sent me the updated version.

I zipped and uploaded my version here -

http://www.4shared.com/folder/PdF-s3H0/_online.html

GurnerFX 4.3 for HSFX-7.

It also has the 10km Distance Mod. This works in HSFX 7.0.2 only!! Make sure you are updated to that version.

Your tracers will remain unchanged from what you are using now.

Unzip the mod and place the "Aviar's Gurner FX for 7.0.2" into your jsgmemods folder and activate it as normal.

Since it is set with the 10K distance version, Your frame rate wont take such a big hit, really nice smoke and battle sights from 10K out. All other effects are also greatly improved.

This was the mod I missed the most from HSFX6

S!

_AH_DarkWolf

The only problem with a 4shared download is anyone who wants to download it has to register and log in with 4shared.  :censored-015:

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Col._Hogan

Feel :censored-015: free to  :censored-015: upload it anywhere you want to and post the  :censored-015: link here.

S!

_AH_Lippy

_AH_Gator

I Think Col Hogan wake-up on the wrong side of the bed

_AH_z5o

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.

_AH_DarkWolf

I forgot someone asked me to do this, here is a Dropbox link for the above mod so you don't have to register with those 4shared bastardoes.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rhmwp49040yw61e/Aviar%27s%20Gurner%20FX%20for%207.0.2..zip?m=

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Col._Hogan

_AH_taldrg

~S~
   Ya...thanks DW...but...you knew there was going to be a but. I DLd it to a folder on my desk top.
   But...what do I do with it know? No..I mean where do I put it...No...I mean how do I get it into the
   game?

TD

I love my country..It's the government I'm afraid of.

_AH_DarkWolf

I think he's talking about this mod not the UP3 sounds one, Gat. That's in another thread.

I don't actually use this Gurners thing, TD. I was just posting the file somewhere that did'nt demand you register to download it. It appears in Hogan's first post he has the instructions. You put the "Aviar's Gurner FX for 7.0.2" in your jsgmemods folder which you will find in your main game directory. You then open your JSGME program and activate the mod like you would any other.

DW

_AH_Col._Hogan

It's ear and eye candy TD, put it in only if you want improved sights and sounds.

S!

_AH_taldrg

~S~
   AH!   OK....thank you both.
     TD
I love my country..It's the government I'm afraid of.

_AH_Viper

Got it DW, going to give it a try one day.  Thanks for getting the file to make it easier on the rest of us

_AH_Bear

Is this the one we use now?? we are at version 4.12.2 HSFX7.0.3 and this is 7.0.2? I read somewheres where it said 7.0.2 only??

_AH_DarkWolf

This is the original thread : http://freeil2modding.free-forum.net/1-vt3258.html

It does say 7.0.2-0.3 compatible.

This is of course, an optional mod. Thing I don't like about this mod is that in 4.12 they added a bunch of new smoke effects and enabling Gurners reverts back to the old smoke. For example :

Stock smoke

Gurners smoke

The Gurner's smoke rises farther and you have increased view distances but to me the smoke itself looks like a downgrade from the 4.12 stuff.

I asked a chap in that thread if he could make a standalone distance mod for the new effects and he did so (you can find it on the 3rd page of that thread) but it did'nt work as well as the old standalone distance mods, it only seems to affect some of the smokes.

DW