UP3 Sounds

Started by _AH_DarkWolf, April 11, 2014, 10:40:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_DarkWolf

We were talking about this the other night. I've never liked the HSFX sounds cause I find the engines hella-loud. So before I deleted my UP3 install I tried copying over the sounds from that version and I've been using it as a mod ever since. I have the main file as a JSGME mod and another folder in my MODS folder with a couple HSFX sounds like the rocket firing sounds that I liked better than the UP3 ones.

I zipped it all up here :  https://www.dropbox.com/s/h8kkgikockn9mjc/UP3Sounds.zip?m=

The zip contains two folders, "UP3 Sounds" and "Extra UP Sounds". To use it you put the "UP3 Sounds" folder in your "jsgmemods" folder in your main game directory and you put the "Extra UP Sounds" into your "MODS" folder in your main game directory. (If you do not have a "MODS" folder you can create one.) Finally when you open your JSGME you will see a mod called UP3 Sounds which you can enable like any other mod.

Having been unable to tweak the HSFX stuff to my liking, I just keep using the UP3 ones. I know at least one of you is using stock sounds, you might find this a more preferable alternative.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Lippy

I am using stock sounds and really appreciate this DW ~S~

_AH_DarkWolf

Yeah, stock sounds suck.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_gatlingun

_AH_Gatlingun

_AH_Jack

_AH_Viper

_AH_fraggmann

Thanks DW..I will share this with the CPS boyz
a few will be quite happy ..me included :drinking-43:
At one time we had Kingdoms ruled by Kings and Empires ruled by Emperors.
Now we have Countries ruled by....mY h3Ad sT!Ll hUrZt

_AH_taldrg

~S~
   When I go to move the UP3 Sounds from the left to the right side of my JSGME I get this:
                         "fb_hfxsounds.sfs" has already been altered by the "SOUNDS default" mod.
   Should I go ahead and move it to the right side??
I love my country..It's the government I'm afraid of.

_AH_DarkWolf

You should remove the "SOUNDS default" mod. You don't need that in there with the "UP3 Sounds" one.  I should have realized that may not have been obvious.

IF you have already added UP3 Sounds while the SOUNDS default is enabled, disable the UP3 Sounds first and then disable the SOUNDS default. You can then re-enable just the UP3 Sounds.

Otherwise you are kind of adding mods on top of mods which could cause issues if you take them back out out of order.

DW

_AH_taldrg

~S~
   OK boss...thanks..I'll get on that and post the outcome.

PS:  I did like you said and it worked just like you said it would.
I love my country..It's the government I'm afraid of.

_AH_Viper

Yes I have it all working at this time, the up3 sounds and Gunners fx thingy.  So it is part of my repetiour. :happy-112:

_AH_Duff4r

Very cool! Thanks DW