HSFX7 Observations

Started by _AH_DarkWolf, November 12, 2013, 09:59:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Olds

I think so...it was a copy I've had for some time. Besides, I've tested every version after I patched it, and each one was a plain, unmodded version, without even my user file (as in "John Mad" Doe"). All of them launched fine, including 4.12.1. I think the problem is with the HSFX, I'm just not sure what. I'll try downloading part 3 again.
"My choice early in life was either to be a piano-player in a whorehouse or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference". - Harry S. Truman

_AH_Duff4r

Ummm..... It's been a while but, You aren't trying to execute each part are you?

Go here: http://www.242sqn.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3770   If you don't belong to the site please register as all of us should.

Here's the crux of it:

You need to download each file and place them all in one folder together.

- HSFX_Version_7_0.EXE - 650 Mb.
- HSFX_Version_7_0.W02 - 650 Mb.
- HSFX_Version_7_0.W03 - 650 Mb.
- HSFX_Version_7_0.W04 - 62 Mb.
- Part2_Ver_7.EXE ..........- 650 Mb.
- Part2_Ver_7.W02..........- 650 Mb.
- Part2_Ver_7.W03..........- 620 Mb.
- Part3_Ver_7.EXE...........- 650 Mb.
- Part3_Ver_7.W02..........- 650 Mb.
- Part3_Ver_7.W03..........- 333 Mb.
............................. total - 5.31 Gb

This is a three part install, due to the size limitations of the installer software used. The part2_Ver_7.EXE file is the second part, and
Part3_Ver_7.EXE the third, both are executed automatically by the HSFX_Version_7_0.EXE. To start the installation run HSFX_Version_7_0.EXE

This is a very large release, because it contains all Mod content from the very beginning of HSFX History Mod.

Here are the MD5 Hash Cal #'s. If you don't know what that is it verifies the files are in tact. You need an MD5 checker get it free here: http://www.winmd5.com/

Hope this helps!
Duff

_AH_Olds

Good news! I re-downloaded all the files, and ran the install again. This time it worked, without the box asking to install to a floppy drive. The only issue I had was a pop up from AVG, which froze the mouse, because it thought IL2fb.exe was a virus.  (roll) Got that fixed, ran 4.12.2, which worked, then installed the updater and ran it. It now says 4.12.2 HSFXv7.0. It seems to launch and run fine. I still have to add the mission and other files yet, but I'll do that later.

Thanks for the help!

Olds
"My choice early in life was either to be a piano-player in a whorehouse or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference". - Harry S. Truman

_AH_Col._Hogan

If I remember, once you install and run the updater it will put you at 7.0.1

_AH_DarkWolf

Indeed after 4.12.2 and running the auto-updater it should be 7.0.1, is that what you meant Olds?

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Olds

Yes, it is 7.0.1. Just forgot to put in the ,1.  :lol-053:

I put in the missions, paint schemes, and other folders. Game runs and looks good. Thanks!

_AH_DarkWolf

Couple interesting new features for the mission builders among us :

AA guns now have a skill level setting, so they can be set to Rookie, Average, Veteran or Ace. It appears when you load an old mission into the FMB the guns will default to Average skill, so it will be interesting to see how that compares with what we had before. AA certainly seemed much more effective after we switched to HSFX7.

Under the waypoint options for AI aircraft you can now set the formation for each waypoint, which is kinda nice.

Also it's been mentioned you can select a skin for stationary aircraft which is cool, but in old missions the stationary a/c default to markings off. So if you're picky you'll have to go in and turn the markings on for all stationary a/c.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill