HSFXv7.0.2 Expert Mode Opinions

Started by _AH_DarkWolf, September 15, 2014, 08:34:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should AH continue using Expert On as standard or revert to Expert Off?

Yes, we should make Expert On our standard game setting.
7 (100%)
No, we should return to running with Expert Off.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closed: October 06, 2014, 03:16:52 AM

_AH_DarkWolf

As you may or may not know, we are doing some Expert Mode testing from now until the meeting on the 24th of September. Feel free to add your thoughts and observations here.

We ran the FnF with Expert on last night and I can't say I noticed any difference so far.  I remember we found overheating to be worse with Expert when last we tried it but it did'nt seem any worse to me.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Col._Hogan

Does anyone have the breakdown of what is different with exp. mode on?

S!

_AH_DarkWolf

If I remember correctly, there is a bunch of SEOW specific stuff dealing with ships and perhaps ground vehicles to make them fight eachother more realistically. I think the main difference that affects us is Aachen's modified flight models which are meant to be more realistic. There are a couple of .DOC files in the "HSFX V7 Tools & Read me's" folder in your main game directory regarding Aachen's FMs, but I guess I don't have anything installed that can read a .DOC so I know not what they contain.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_fraggmann

There is not a lot of info available on "expert Mode".
I did find some......... :happy-112:

Expert mode in all cases. New 'mod' aircraft changes in the default mode also denoted by *.

Corrected weight of F4F-3

Bf109E1 to E3* prop pitch model changed. Reverted back to the standard 109 prop control. This was necessary because the ai does not perform properly with the manual prop. Players can still switch the prop to manual pitch (ctrl + 0 ) and should for the most re-alistic experience.

Slight Increase in Prop reduction  for B17's, B24 & B29 to increase climb rate at altitude to bring them closer to documented climb performance times.

Modified maximum allowed revolutions for B-24J engine & Increased flaps down lift slightly. This solves the issue of AI take-off in overload conditions.

Modified MerlinIII* engines (for Spitfire MkI and Hurricane MkI) to reduce the gap between predicted il2 performances and reference historical performances (mainly RoC)
Modified Merlin XII* engines (for Spitfire MkII) to reduce the gap between predicted il2 performances and reference historical performances (mainly RoC)
Modified Merlin61, Merlin63, Merlin66 (18 and 25 lbs) for Spitfires Mk VIII and Mk IX to reduce the gap between predicted il2 performances and reference historical performances (mainly RoC)
Completely reworked GriffonII, GriffonIII and Griffon65 for Spitfires Mk XII* and XIV*
Corrected some weight issues on several planes such:
Spitfire MkII*
Spitfire MkXII*
Spitfire MkXIV*
Spitfire MkXVI*

(+revised il2 compare data included in the HSFX V7 Tools & Read me's folder. You will need to unzip & replace your current version to look at the revisions.)

----------------------------------------------------

Fairey Fulmar takeoff & landing characteristics with Flaps down updated.

Ju52 3mg4e max and cruise speed revision.

EXPERT mode

Highly recommended that you try this.

Developed for SEOW but the same changes should be universally applicable.

This Switcher Option activates Aachens  FULL FM's. (see full explanation below)

Custom ini's (see below, Ground and Ships) reduce load and we believe, make the ground and naval war more realistic. Tanks, Guns & Infantry perform more  efficiently and historically in relation to each other. Outcomes of Naval battles are more as you might expect them to be, naval AAA uses effective rather than maximum ranges.
Ranges are usually less and reload times longer, so you can have more objects in missions or you can turn up the RoF settings.

The blast radius of larger Kilo bombs are equalized out so that IJN and Soviet bombs display similar blast characteristics to LW ordinance. (Not sure why they should have been so radically different, the power is similar, but the blast radius were radically different for the same amount of explosives.

Because this is its own unique net version we were able to enable a few extra opening Canopies for this option as the incompatibility that creates the smoke bug should not arise.

This is NOT compatible online with the Stock Game (you will not be able to join), it effectively turns HSFX into its own Net version. You will not be able to join Stock games with it, and stock games will not be able to join you. Host and Client both have to be running this Option with its own HSFXv5.0 net version to use this compatibly Online.

This Option allows us to explore a lot of new options without compromising the stock game, Oleg's FM's or the online community.

( note : If you drag the buttons or other files from this into your stock game version piecemeal because you like a specific FM etc, you will get a no boot.
This is deliberate.  )
At one time we had Kingdoms ruled by Kings and Empires ruled by Emperors.
Now we have Countries ruled by....mY h3Ad sT!Ll hUrZt

_AH_DarkWolf

Humph, I had'nt heard of that blast radius thing before. I wonder if that's why russian bombs always seem to make such a huge explosion but do so little damage.

DW

_AH_DarkWolf

I mentioned some of this on campaign night. I don't know if I'm imagining things but it seemed like the Tomahawks landed smoother with Expert on. It also seemed like the japanese planes were easier to light on fire. Not sure if weapon and damage models are changed in Expert.

DW

_AH_fraggmann

For those of you interested there are two folders in the game root
directory named HSFX V6 Tools & read me, also one for HSFX V7.
Within these folders you will find HSFX V6 and HSFX V7 read me.
In these read me(s) you will find some info on the contents of the Expert Mode.
(wavey)
At one time we had Kingdoms ruled by Kings and Empires ruled by Emperors.
Now we have Countries ruled by....mY h3Ad sT!Ll hUrZt

_AH_DarkWolf

You have both an "HSFX V6 Tools & read me" and an "HSFX V7 Tools & Read me's" folder? I guess you installed HSFX7 into your HSFX6 game?

DW

_AH_DarkWolf

I downloaded a viewer to let me read the .DOC files. The ones about Aachen's FMs are too long to cut and paste here (and they contain alot of graphs), but this is the list of modified aircraft in Expert mode :

"B-17D-G
B-24J
B-29
BF109E-F-G-K
F4F-3,-4
F4U1 through D (included clipped variant)
F6F-3 and -5
F9F
F84G
F-86A-F
FW190A-F-D
G-50
G-55
MC200
MC202
MC205
MiG-15
MiG-17
P-38F-G-H-J-L
P47D-10 through D-27Late
P51A-B-C-D
P-61A (early), A and B
Ta152H-C
Fw200C3U4
Me323
P-80/F-80 A
P-80 C

Additionally other minor corrections (mainly on engines) are present for non-stock planes such as Hurricane MkI early, MkI and MkIb, referred to in the applicable Revision Record."

I'm kinda surprised the list is that small. Though apparently there are alot of engine tweaks to other aircraft.

DW

_AH_DarkWolf

One week poll added, it will end after next weeks FnF.

DW